aberdeen-music

Drummer wanted for horror-punk band

Lemonade

• 1 month later...

Still looking. Might need a guitarist too, possibly even some keys. Sound is upbeat punk with very tongue-in-cheek lyrics mostly influenced by old horror and sci-fi films, with a bit of 50s style rock n roll, surf rock, and a touch of ska here and there. Influences include Misfits, Zombina & The Skeletones, The Young Werewolves, Horrorpops, The Cramps, Blue Demon, Nekromantix, Beach Boys etc etc.

Some home-recorded demos here:

Murder Most Foul draft by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

I Was A Teenage Frankenstein draft by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

Scream Queen draft by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

Christine draft+ by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

Go on.

I'll do it if we can cover that song about being strange from The Lost Boys.

People Are Strange, originally by The Doors, covered by Echo & The Bunnymen for that soundtrack I believe. Do you play drums? We do two covers actually, King Of The Surf by The Trashmen, and Werewolves Of London by Warren Zevon, and there's talk of learning Devil In Disguise by Elvis.

Yeah i do play drums but i've never felt comfortable enough to actually do it with a band. I've only ever heard that song when watching that film, gonna try get hold of it now:)

Get The Doors version, it's much better. Feel free to come along for a jam with us some time, provided yer no shite :up:

King of the Surf draft by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

Werewolves of London draft by luckyrathen on SoundCloud

King of the surf sounds great. Werewolves didn't record so well but sounds good when we do it live. Plus you left in all my silly bits that you were meant to take out! And now there's a song on teh internetz with me howling on it.

Just the one? BOOM BOOM!

• 2 weeks later...