aberdeen-music

Atreyu

Acey Trixx

ok well ill put in my two cents. Im sure Jim will agree with some. i guess the best idea is to list the best albums by some bands to start with...then if you love you can explore thier other works.

strung out - an american paradox

glasseater - everything is beautiful when you dont look down

18 visions - vanity...these guys mix up rock and roll with metalcore so you should really like em.

underoath - theyre only chasing safety

and if you love TBS try "pollyanna" by Northstar

you mustve heard finch yeah??

cheers will check em out! and yer i saw finch at the lemon tree so i like them as well just aint listend to em recently so i totally forgot about em have to dig it out me thinks.

I would've thought you'll really like the stuff Ben is recommending. If you like more extreme stuff you should definately check out the likes of

Drowningman - Rock n Roll Killing Machine

Converge - Jane Doe

Candiria - 300% Density

Botch - We Are The Romans

Dillinger Escape Plan -Calculating Infinity

Norma Jean - Bless The Martyr, Kiss The Child

Hope Conspiracy - Cold Blue

Guest highroller
Haha' date=' you answered your own question...[/quote']

come again...

oh yeah i forgot its uncool to like the newer FATA stuff huh?? Even though its far superior...in everyway...hxc sucks in so many ways...

come again...

oh yeah i forgot its uncool to like the newer FATA stuff huh?? Even though its far superior...in everyway...hxc sucks in so many ways...

Cool or not, in my opinion FATA are not a good band. I like one of the songs from the first album ('Take Her To The Record Store' or something) and dislike pretty much everything else they've done. The new album is better than the first though.

What sucks about hardcore anyway? The scene is full of bands that genuinely have something to offer but has also been polluted by a ton of bands who don't.

It's not surprising - the same thing happens to every genre that becomes popular.

I don't really consider many of the bands that get mentioned in conjunction with the scene to be 'hardcore' per se; In my eyes it's just a new wave of metal bands of varying quality seeking some sort of underground credibility.

I couldn't care less how 'cool' it is to like certain groups or use certain tags - I stopped caring about scene points when I was about 14 so you don't need to question my integrity by wondering whether I hate your favourite bands because I'm scared that someone who reads this might not think I'm as cool as I want them to.

I just want to be blown away by a band that can actually deliver what it promises and all these new acts seem to fall so short of the mark.

Guest Ewan SSR

"suicide notes..." is awesome. I would say it's much heavier than "The Curse" but "The Curse" is brilliant as well. Although I would totally agree with Ben to listento suicide notes first as the curse is a lot different. I would also recommend listening to:

From First To Last - Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire and Watch Out!

Saosin - Translating the Name EP

From Autumn To Ashes - New album ( i forget the name)

Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache

Oh yeah.

ive heard and hate both dillenger and converge Rab (who ya may have seen post around here) likes em and nah i couldnt get into em...i thought i heard a converge track i liked but upon listening to the album at his again it appears i didnt lol.

I'm not really into my hardcore (or whatever) much but i fucking LOVE 'Jane Doe'. It is absolute heaven. Can't wait for new album. I have a suspicion that the new dillinger album is out, and the new neurosis one...hot damn! 8o I can't believe i didn't check for them in abdn the other day...

i like the track i heard from it on the epitaph site but people i've talked to say it sounds poo too :( this is upsetting. Grant, I'll back up Jim's recs of -

norma Jean - bless the martyr, kiss the child

converge - jane doe

and add to this...

johnny truant - the repurcussions of a badly planned suicide

strapping young lad - city

i like the track i heard from it on the epitaph site but people i've talked to say it sounds poo too :( this is upsetting. Grant' date=' I'll back up Jim's recs of -

norma Jean - bless the martyr, kiss the child

converge - jane doe

and add to this...

johnny truant - the repurcussions of a badly planned suicide

strapping young lad - city[/quote']

Hmm i quite like Norma Jean, they were damn good at Kef a few months back. Never picked up the Johnny Truant (mini-)album though, always meant to.

If the new Converge album is not amazing I will cry. The new Dillinger one is soooo different (from what i've heard).

Armsbendback are AWFUL. Terrible, terrible band....

New Converge is ace, I reckon - it is a little different, but still Converge to the core. Reckon you'll dig it - not quite a "Jane Doe", but better than 99% of the stuff out there.....

Everyone should listen to BoySetsFire.....

strapping young lad - city

YES! Anything Devin Townsend has done in the last 7 years is worth your hard-earned cash.

And 'Imprint' by Vision of Disorder if you're getting into heavy metal/hardcore stuff. And of course you should avail yourself of at least one Black Flag album, 'Damaged' is the best place to start!

He doesnt like the fact they try and look as good as their music sounds..."haircut hardcore" an all that... ;)

Really? They can't be trying all that hard, because to me they look like big ugly fat dudes with bad hair and make-up, they don't look that different from any third-generation nu-metal band. Certainly better musically, but in terms of image they play up to what's en vogue as far as I can see.

YES! Anything Devin Townsend has done in the last 7 years is worth your hard-earned cash.

And 'Imprint' by Vision of Disorder if you're getting into heavy metal/hardcore stuff. And of course you should avail yourself of at least one Black Flag album' date=' 'Damaged' is the best place to start![/quote']

all noted! thanks for all the advice people. my Atreyu albums came today and im just listening to "Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses" just now and its rather impressive to say the least. gonna stay with this for a few days at the advice of ben and sometime next week chuck on "The Curse" and see what i think.