aberdeen-music

Stonehaven Real Ale Festival

Scorge

There was discussion on here a few weeks ago about this. I'm definitely planning to be there as I'll be staying in Stoney that month while I await entry into my new place. Should be a good laugh.

The only bad thing I can see is that the bagpipe fucker from The Trybe is involved so I imagine they'll be making an appearance as they seem to somehow get themselves playing at every event that happens in Stoney these days.

• 1 month later...

Well that was a great night. I don't think I had a bad pint all evening and thought the whole event was brilliant.

I think the only thing that didn't work was the sound system but no-one seemed to care about the on stage entertainment much anyway. The beer was, quite rightly, the star of the show.

Hopefully they raised heaps of money for MRI as well after their tireless efforts helping the flood victims at the start of the week

Well that was a great night. I don't think I had a bad pint all evening and thought the whole event was brilliant.

I think the only thing that didn't work was the sound system but no-one seemed to care about the on stage entertainment much anyway. The beer was, quite rightly, the star of the show.

Hopefully they raised heaps of money for MRI as well after their tireless efforts helping the flood victims at the start of the week

100% this. The Memorial Ale and Fyfe Lemon Twist were my highlights of the evening, though I barely had a bad drink all night. No hangover either!

More of the same tonight, even though it will probably be mobbed....

:up:

Went on Friday night, hoorin busy, had to queue to get in at half 7. Beer was running out by the back of 8....they were still charging folk to get in after 10 and there was only really bottled beers left so I can imagine there would have been some pissed off folk but it is the first year so hopefully they will sort it out next year...my head was rough yesterday....

Went on Friday night, hoorin busy, had to queue to get in at half 7. Beer was running out by the back of 8....they were still charging folk to get in after 10 and there was only really bottled beers left so I can imagine there would have been some pissed off folk but it is the first year so hopefully they will sort it out next year...my head was rough yesterday....

I got there on the Friday at around 8. Half an hour wait to get in, and most of the ales were gone by then. There were still some good pickings on the world beer stand, but I've already had most of them! Ended up going to the Royal after I'd finished all my tokens.

Would expect all the niggles to be ironed out next year, and it's going to be over three days too. Woof!

Overall, :up:

Did they have Black Isle Scotch Ale? Cos I really really want another pint of that stuff. it's fucking amazing.

I've heard something about Archibald Simpsons doing a massive fuckload of different ales over the space of about a month, and apparently Scotch Ale will be one of them. Anyone heard anything?

EDIT: Scratch that, it wasnt there. And it ends on Sunday.