aberdeen-music

Noel quits Oasis

Lemonade

Guest Gladstone

Oasis were brilliant in the 90s in my opinion. First 3 albums plus the b-sides are all full of great indie/rock/pop songs. Standing on the Shoulder is the only real low point. Heathen Chemistry and Don't Believe the Truth (especially) showed they were back on form.

Cracking live band as well - I've seen them a lot of times, and they've always put on a brilliant live set, with one exception. The second last time they were at AECC (can't remember the year), Liam's voice sounded totally shot, but the last time (last year) they played AECC they were brilliant. And I saw them again at Murrayfield this summer, and it was one of the best gigs I've been to - they played everything absolutely spot on.

Can't say I'm devastated they've split up, but I'm glad they stayed together long enough to release the last album, and to do the last tour because the Murrayfield show this year was the best Oasis gig I've been to. It probably wasn't as good as Loch Lomond / Knebworth, but I was just a bit too young to go to Loch Lomond.

That of course, is my opinion, and indie/ lad rock / whatever you like to call it isn't really the music of choice on this forum.

Erasure's "Wild" was one of the first albums I ever owned. It was on cassette and it had The London Boys "The Twelve Commandments of Dance" album on the other side.

Both great albums :D

When I got my first ever Walkman I got "Pop! The First 20 Hits!" along with it. I spent the whole of Xmas day 1992 listening to that album. I've been meaning to re-buy that on CD. Erasure were a really ace band.

When I got my first ever Walkman I got "Pop! The First 20 Hits!" along with it. I spent the whole of Xmas day 1992 listening to that album. I've been meaning to re-buy that on CD. Erasure were a really ace band.

Aye, that was a good compilation. They went shit after that. Serves them right for the "First 20 Hits" business.

The London boys! Haha, blast from the past. One of the members is a wedding photographer now.

Unlikely...

London Boys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edem and Dennis both died in a car accident on 21 January 1996. They travelled in Austrian Alps on a mountain road on their way to a skiing holiday and along the route met a car driven by an inebriated driver who was trying to pass at the opposite side of the road. Apparently, the Swiss driver had kept overtaking other cars in dangerous places on that road beforehand and in bad weather conditions for a couple of miles until he finally hit their car head-on. Fuller, Ephraim, Edem's German wife Bettina, their mutual friend - a Hamburg DJ - and the Swiss driver all died. Edem and his wife left behind a son, Stevie, who was 3 years old at the time of the tragedy. Dennis had a daughter, Laura, who was 10.[2]