aberdeen-music

Slow club @ the tunnels - sunday 27th september - 7.00

I really enjoyed Slow Club last night. A proper all round variety performance. Life enhancing stuff.

Agreed, few bands have the ability to keep a sustained smile on my face for the duration of their set like Slow Club. Pleased to see a decent-sized crowd as well, last time I saw them in Glasgow they played to a criminally small crowd, but then again they were the support band then.

The albums definitely got to be in my top 5 of the year, and thats saying a lot because this has been a brilliant year for music.

Thought the overall gig was awesome and there was a great atmosphere too.

Wasnt happy with my own set at all although it seemed to go down well enough.

Thought it was a bit of a fumbled one that started really well but I lost a bit of oomph as it went on. In hindsight, i think i played the setlist in exactly the wrong order and should have done it a lot differently but then ill know for next time..

Really enjoyed Cate Le Bon - who seemed incredibly shy but very talented and she got a great response from the crowd too. Forgot to buy one of her nifty looking 7 inches before they left! damn.

Slow Club -

liked the way they bantered off each other (the lighting banter was pretty funny) and apart from the fact theyre songs are really good (the album is great) theyre quite an unpredicatable live act which i think adds a lot to their charm.

I dont think theyll be back for a while though, from what Charles was saying on their next jaunt they doubt theyll be up here at all / at least no way as far north. So thats last chance to see them up here for a while it would seem.

Thought the overall gig was awesome and there was a great atmosphere too.

Wasnt happy with my own set at all although it seemed to go down well enough.

Thought it was a bit of a fumbled one that started really well but I lost a bit of oomph as it went on. In hindsight, i think i played the setlist in exactly the wrong order and should have done it a lot differently but then ill know for next time..

Really enjoyed Cate Le Bon - who seemed incredibly shy but very talented and she got a great response from the crowd too. Forgot to buy one of her nifty looking 7 inches before they left! damn.

Slow Club -

liked the way they bantered off each other (the lighting banter was pretty funny) and apart from the fact theyre songs are really good (the album is great) theyre quite an unpredicatable live act which i think adds a lot to their charm.

I dont think theyll be back for a while though, from what Charles was saying on their next jaunt they doubt theyll be up here at all / at least no way as far north. So thats last chance to see them up here for a while it would seem.

Do you know was the actual attendance was roughly, Steven? I thought it was an excellent gig. Anyone get any decent photos?