aberdeen-music

Where's The Freakout Zone?

Guest Mr_Dimensional

Guest Mr_Dimensional

Having never performed in Aberdeen before, I ain't got no clue about any of the venues that are there! Apart from The Lemon Tree and Dr Drakes, of course.

What are the best places for alternative music? My favourite Glasgow venues are Tchai-Ovna (the magic tea rooms), The 13th Note, King Tuts, and The Arches.

Spout forth your knowledge!

:dunce:

Originally posted by Mr_Dimensional

Having never performed in Aberdeen before, I ain't got no clue about any of the venues that are there! Apart from The Lemon Tree and Dr Drakes, of course.

What are the best places for alternative music? My favourite Glasgow venues are Tchai-Ovna (the magic tea rooms), The 13th Note, King Tuts, and The Arches.

Spout forth your knowledge!

:dunce:

If you like teh Arches, then you will probably enjoy Drum on windmill brae, or Subway, possibly Kef if they have a decent act in (if you can stand all the students and posers).

Feeling...need.......for..shameless.....plug.

Monday: MUD. Indie, Punk, Alternative and 1 drinks promos

Thursday: Caged. Metal, Mosh, Thrash etc.

Friday: Bondage. Aberdeen's busiest Alternative night.

Saturday: Air Guitar. Classic Rock Anthems.

Pints and selected bottles of lager, VS, Vodka, JD and Morgans with mixer 1.75 Thursday-Saturday

All @ Moshulu

:cheers:

Re: Re: Where's The Freakout Zone?

Originally posted by stripey

If you like teh Arches, then you will probably enjoy Drum on windmill brae, or Subway, possibly Kef if they have a decent act in (if you can stand all the students and posers).

What's Drum like? Some guy at my work got punched there the other week, so my first impression wasn't a good one. Is that the door beside HJBs?

Re: Re: Re: Where's The Freakout Zone?

Originally posted by Singingstarfish

What's Drum like? Some guy at my work got punched there the other week, so my first impression wasn't a good one. Is that the door beside HJBs?

Its fairly small and most of the clientele have dilated pupils and live in the worse parts of the city :D. Its a lot like Joy if you ever went there...Its been a while since I checked it out but its a hard house / techno type joint and most people are there to dance.I wouldnt fancy going in there dressed as a goth.