aberdeen-music

The Little Kicks "Boxing Clever" :: Debut Album :: OUT FROM JUNE 5TH!

Subject to the printing company delivering on time (fingers crossed and should be fine!) our debut album (entitled "Boxing Clever") will be available on compact disc format for all to hear/ buy from the following dates and places!

We wont be streaming all the tracks from myspace - just a select few so if youd like to hear it youd best grab a copy from the following!

June 5th// ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY @ The Tunnels

(tickets 5 - available from Myspace / PMing me / One up Records)

June 8th// on general sale @ ONE UP RECORDS / our big cartel page

There will be freebies (tbc) for people who buy the album from the above!

the little kicks store — Home

Details as follows:

The Little Kicks - Boxing Clever

10 track Album

TRACKLISTING

1. Dont Give Up So Easily

2. I Know Its Over

3. One More Time

4. We Came Alive

5. Let Me Down

6. Chances Weve Had

7. Small Talk

8. Looking Out For Number One

9. Time To Take Over

10. It All Comes Out In The End

ALL SONGS RECORDED AND PRODUCED IN SCOTLAND BETWEEN NOV 07 AND APRIL 09 BY IAIN MACPHERSON

iain@belishamusic.com

EXCEPT TRACKS 5,6,7 AND 9

RECORDED BY ALAN CUTHBERTSON // NIALL @ YIP JUMP STUDIOS, GLASGOW

THE LITTLE KICKS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Artwork by Jaco Justice - AWARE INJUSTICE design+merchandise

CD album comes with 4 page booklet with full lyrics and sleevenotes.

Thanks for your continued support.

Also if you can....

We've uploaded 2 songs to a website called Supajam.

You can register and vote for us to play at Benicassim 2009. (Nice and handy as were all going anyway!)

Supajam New Music | Unsigned Bands | Music Stories | Record Deals | FIB

Check it out for more info. You can't vote till 16th of May though and even then the voting only lasts for 2 weeks - so put a pin in it to remember :o)

Were currently sitting in the top 50/ 60 so any votes - cheers.

I hate these kind of things (its also an awful old photo) but anyone whos been to beni will testify - it would be awesome!

Cheers,

on 24th May

You can't vote till 16th of May though and even then the voting only lasts for 2 weeks - so put a pin in it to remember :o)

Were currently sitting in the top 50/ 60 so any votes - cheers.

think i've voted' date=' you moved up anyway after I "rated" your songs, guess that's all you have to do? so voting finishes 30th May?

Don't Give up So Easily / Supajam.com

• 3 weeks later...

CD now available all over the place!

from gigs:

12th june @ Tunnels / Tiger Tiger

Myspace:

send us a msg

Big Cartel:

the little kicks store — The Little Kicks - Boxing Clever - CD Album

Free delivery!

One Up:

The kind folks at one up have put it in the window, on the new release stand, on the wall section and all sorts of places - sales going well!

HMV:

If you go into HMV this week youll see a massive banner behind the counter in bright lights which is pretty cool advertising the CD and there is copies on the new releases section at the front!

All priced 10.00.

cheers folks.

and thanks to everyone who came to the launch party!

it was a lot of fun.

sm

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has bought a copy!

We are pretty much sold out of our first run in One up and so far sales are really good.

Weve not had much time to hit up press and labels etc but will be doing so shortly.

When i get some reviews / comments ill get them up here.

Any feedback from any of you guys specific to any songs or anything etc is also welcome - were sending out press packs next week and at the moment im using a certain three songs - maybe im wrong!

All feedback welcome.

Were now playing DHC on the July 9th date - we will be playing 80% of the album then LIVE at around 10pm

x

• 4 weeks later...
This was sold out in One up but just to let people know, i have put another batch in!

So get buying

x

I heard they were all bought up by the Silver Fox who was reselling them out the back of his van with a 25% mark up claiming they weren't available elsewhere......

I heard they were all bought up by the Silver Fox who was reselling them out the back of his van with a 25% mark up claiming they weren't available elsewhere......

aye, totally.

i went into his van and he had 10 in a box and i was like "erm?"

and he was like, "aye, i thought id shift a few for you and ill get you the money back"

i was like "ok, no bother"

(after all we have a fair amount to shift so any help is ace)

2 weeks later hes like

"aye, thats them gone, i havent got the money for them all yet but ill sort you out - your grannys owe you a tenner"

ha ha

i was like "its cool, im sure we can let that one slide"

i think euan flaming katy got one off him, it comes with a free bag of sawdust and screws and if your lucky some vintage john milne banter

aye, totally.

i went into his van and he had 10 in a box and i was like "erm?"

and he was like, "aye, i thought id shift a few for you and ill get you the money back"

i was like "ok, no bother"

(after all we have a fair amount to shift so any help is ace)

2 weeks later hes like

"aye, thats them gone, i havent got the money for them all yet but ill sort you out - your grannys owe you a tenner"

ha ha

i was like "its cool, im sure we can let that one slide"

i think euan flaming katy got one off him, it comes with a free bag of sawdust and screws and if your lucky some vintage john milne banter

I think Euan was paying for the banter and got a free CD!

TOBY SENT ME THIS TODAY:

We are being used on the 19th of August for Vic Galloway's back of the net feature.

Basically we get played on his show and featured on his website and people get told to go to our Myspace to download "One more Time" for free.

I had to introduce the track and our band and I also got to mention that people could come and watch us at the Wizard festival too.

cool.

Guest Gladstone
TOBY SENT ME THIS TODAY:

We are being used on the 19th of August for Vic Galloway's back of the net feature.

Basically we get played on his show and featured on his website and people get told to go to our Myspace to download "One more Time" for free.

I had to introduce the track and our band and I also got to mention that people could come and watch us at the Wizard festival too.

cool.

Ace - well done dude!

What slot have you guys got at Wizard? And do you have a drummer to play??

And more importantly, are you joining the Underkills for an acoustic sing-song in the campsite again!?

Guest Gladstone
We dont know what slot yet im afraid.

We have a drummer - a fine one he is too - early days!

And aye, singalong sounds fine.

How many times will you drop your plectrum though...?

Our track " We Came Alive" is used on the latest Jim Gellatly podcast - on Itunes - names episode 44 with a wee blurb about the band accompanying it.

Also, look out in January time for use of The Little Kicks interview / live footage in an ITV drama! Footage of us has been used / picked up to be used in the background of a scene of ITV drama / comedy (tbc) " Married, Single, Other" next year. Details are pretty sketchy but its basically a scene where two kids / a family are meant to be watching MTV and its us on their telly. Whether you can hear audio / whether its tiny in the backgound - we dont know! But well keep an eye out for it, pretty random and small thing to add to the bio.

• 1 month later...