aberdeen-music

the no pints, midasuno, karloff, monkey boy

SnowWhite

I went to this gig last night and was completely blown away! It was one of the best gigs I've been to in a while.

To start with The No Pints were great! I've only seen them once before and this was somewhere where the sound system wasn't that good, but last night they were a whole load better. Especially liking Tarrant off TV. And...the bassist looked especially handsome (there ya go Kirk!)

Second on were Midasuno. Even with their technical problems at the start of the set I found these Welsh guys amazing! Last night was the first time I've seen them and I'll be going to every gig they play in Aberdeen from now on. I bought their CD and, as good as it is, they put on a better live show. There's nothing negative I can say about them :)

Karloff were on third. I havn't seen them before and I found them awesome too! Their misfits style songs are very easy to love. And I like the weird head on a stick thing...and the blood was also very cool.

Monkey Boy were also brilliant as usual. We played our first gig with them back in November and I think last night they were even better than the last time! They also put on a great live show, dedicating every song to a different movie monster.

Anyone else enjoy last night?

Thanks for coming along and for the kind comments. I thought we started pretty good, but got pretty shonky after I busted the string and had to tune/use my spare. Ne'r mind though, next gig we play here will be the CD launch in August, and we'll be well on form for that one. We also have the gig with the Misfits in Belfast to look forward to in a couple of weeks time... Rock!

No Pints were good. Kikrs vocals a bit low.

Midasuno were good. thought they might of went a bit over the top with the stage show at some points,. but oh well.

Karloff were good, but Ive seen them do much better.

The lack of a pit, apart form me and Ant at the end was annoying. The Lemon tree with The Dangerfields should eb quality though.

Never stayed for Monkey boy.

i thought my vocals were bit low to but everyone else said they were fine :s, but cheers Alex and Dave :)

I enjoyed Midasuno, I didnt think I would cos i thought they'd be another of those bands that sounds like all them other whiny bands but they wasn't...in fact I thought Jarcrew would be when I saw them too but they wasn't....think it's just cos they come from wales

Karloff were cool...were was all the young kids though?

Monkey Boy, I've seen 4 times now and they've never played bad tho i did prefer the older stuff they played

I had to man the decks thus sadly missing the mini pit at the end of Karloff but just wait until the Lemon Tree show! :bat:

Missed the No Pints due to collecting CDs/work/strange early starting time for but I SHALL catch the next gig. Midasuno were as good as last time and most pleasing. Karloff pleasing as always and the new stuff heralds a rocking time at the LT and Monkey Boy were ace. Makes me think of a rock version of Audio Bullys or something. Most satisfying night :D