aberdeen-music

Support for Local Business

Bigsby

I feel that at this time of recession we should be doing all we can to support local business.

With this in mind, I thought I would scan in and post this ad for Northsound Radio that I stumbled across in an edition of the Evening Express from the heady days of June 2005 when sudoku was the latest puzzle craze sweeping the nation.

darklordw.jpg

That's OK, Northsound, you're welcome.

• Upvote 3

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
why do you have an evening express from 2005??

That's a thought that crossed my mind too. I reckon he's got the picture of "Bad Boy Greigsy" on his bedroom wall.

That's a thought that crossed my mind too. I reckon he's got the picture of "Bad Boy Greigsy" on his bedroom wall.

yeah that was my thought, never mind this clearing out my mums house shit, looks like to me anyway that he got caught up in this wifebeating argument and found himself *looking at a picture of a lovely northsound radio 1 dj who we all love to listen to during the hard working day, man he makes the day pass quicker and puts a smile on my little face. (just for you bigsby)*

Guest idol_wild

It wouldn't get the thread closed if I stated that I felt Greigsy was an absolute cunt, would it?

I also think, aside from John McRuvie, that he's one of the least funny DJs spouting nonsense on our airwaves.

Good, 'cos he's a CUNT

yeah. he is. i hate how his show is plugged constantly through the day on northsound one. today, and i think yesterday too (all the days merge into one when i'm listening to that fucking crap) it was his HILARIOUS jibe about cracking down on people not paying their tv license, midsomer murders, god whatever, so unfunny. as if i don't have enough to put up with, having to listen to the same 4 songs all bastard day on northsound one at work without greigsy clogging up my ears with his shite banter.

Guest idol_wild
yeah. he is. i hate how his show is plugged constantly through the day on northsound one. today, and i think yesterday too (all the days merge into one when i'm listening to that fucking crap) it was his HILARIOUS jibe about cracking down on people not paying their tv license, midsomer murders, god whatever, so unfunny. as if i don't have enough to put up with, having to listen to the same 4 songs all bastard day on northsound one at work without greigsy clogging up my ears with his shite banter.

Motherfucking agreed. I've tried, with some degree of deception, to change the station to Original 106. It's not a great deal better, but their playlists are slightly more bearable. Still the same horrendous patter, though. But the radio always seems to return to Northsound 1 when I leave the room.

All radio stations playing music are largely shit, though. Only BBC Radio 5live is of any use to me.

BBC 6 Music is just as shit, before anyone uses it to counter my opinion. I bought a DAB capable radio, purely on the recommendation that BBC 6 Music is good.

Is it fuck. Now where's my motherfucking receipt...