aberdeen-music

Cast of the Capital + We Are Trapped In Kansas @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
I'd like to apologise to idol_wild for my piss poor chat whenever I speak to him.

"Eh...aye...Chin Up Chin Up...*unintelligible*...great band like."

Very sorry.

Ha. It was actually nice that someone noticed the neat playlist - I always choose as selectively as I can for each gig so that the entire evening flows. :up:

I thought Greater the Shadow played a stormer. Scott got a fucking great sound from them. This guy is seriously undervalued and possibly too good for Aberdeen. Get yourself out there, Scott, loon - you'll go far.

The Darien Venture were energetic as fuck - and played a fairly tight set of abrasive rock songs. I appreciated their work.

Trapped In Kansas totally did it for me. As a result of last night, I would be bold enough to say their recordings don't do them justice. Good band and I hope to catch them again soon.

Cast of the Capital are one of the local bands I enjoy the most right now. Catchy, upbeat songs always performed well. Between The Marionettes and Cast of the Capital, Aberdeen has two bloody fine proper indie-pop bands. I urge people to check them out if they haven't previously.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Ha. It was actually nice that someone noticed the neat playlist - I always choose as selectively as I can for each gig so that the entire evening flows. :up:

I thought Greater the Shadow played a stormer. Scott got a fucking great sound from them. This guy is seriously undervalued and possibly too good for Aberdeen. Get yourself out there, Scott, loon - you'll go far.

The Darien Venture were energetic as fuck - and played a fairly tight set of abrasive rock songs. I appreciated their work.

Trapped In Kansas totally did it for me. As a result of last night, I would be bold enough to say their recordings don't do them justice. Good band and I hope to catch them again soon.

Cast of the Capital are one of the local bands I enjoy the most right now. Catchy, upbeat songs always performed well. Between The Marionettes and Cast of the Capital, Aberdeen has two bloody fine proper indie-pop bands. I urge people to check them out if they haven't previously.

Oooh - if you think this is a proper thread hi-jack - I'll delete the post.

But it feels like the right time to say you can see both Cast of the Capital and The Marionettes at the June Exposure night.

I'm gutted I missed this gig, it looked like it was going to be great, and by the sound of it it was great.

Good work Phil and Ross. :up:

I quite enjoyed GTS's set last night, especially the first few songs. Rob's guitar sounded lovely. Had a problem with the Darien Venture for some reason, i didn't like their attitude or their guitar sound. Trapped in Kansas were pretty good, but I'm with Scott on the manager thing, it was a little corny. Caught the first few songs of Cast of the Capital, although they're not my thing, there songs are pretty darn catchy.

Don't slow up Phil!