aberdeen-music

LACH AT THE MUSIC HALL SUN 13th JUNE

Alan Cynic

If you're a fan of Anti-Folk, then get along to the Music Hall tomorrow night to see the man who invented the genre (supporting the Fine Young Cannibals, but don't let that put you off!).

His open-mike nights at the Sidewalk Cafe have spawned people like Hammell On Trial, the Moldy Peaches, Jeff Lewis, Major Matt Mason USA, Thomas Truax etc etc, and his latest album, "Today" has been getting excellent reviews. Check out his website at... www.lachtoday.com

His last visit, at the Lemon Tree, was brilliant....don't miss him!!!!:up:

If you're a fan of Anti-Folk' date=' then get along to the Music Hall tomorrow night to see the man who invented the genre (supporting the Fine Young Cannibals, but don't let that put you off!).

His open-mike nights at the Sidewalk Cafe have spawned people like Hammell On Trial, the Moldy Peaches, Jeff Lewis, Major Matt Mason USA, Thomas Truax etc etc, and his latest album, "Today" has been getting excellent reviews. Check out his website at... [url']www.lachtoday.com

His last visit, at the Lemon Tree, was brilliant....don't miss him!!!!:up:

I would go, if it wasn't on a Sunday and tickets were cheaper. ah well..

Well, I would... but I'm going to go see him at the Truck Records festival just outside Oxford in July instead :D

Woo, saved the embarrassment of looking like a FYC fan!

Plus Thomas Truax, Simple Kid and Chris TT are playing, to name but three other reasons.

The five days after that I'll be at the Cambridge Folk Festival!

Well, I can understand why you wouldn't be going, both of you. I'd certainly think twice about the ticket price, but fortunately I'm on the guest list, so I'm looking forward to it....I've seen Lach 3 times before, and it's always been fun. He really likes Aberdeen (sensible Lach), and we are just off in search of breakfast and a map of England, as he's driving to Newcastle tomorrow (for safety keep off the main roads between 10-11 am!)

Well' date=' I can understand why you wouldn't be going, both of you. I'd certainly think twice about the ticket price, but fortunately I'm on the guest list, so I'm looking forward to it....I've seen Lach 3 times before, and it's always been fun. He really likes Aberdeen (sensible Lach), and we are just off in search of breakfast and a map of England, as he's driving to Newcastle tomorrow (for safety keep off the main roads between 10-11 am!)[/quote']

It was a shame missing him in the ol' home town, I'll atone by paying double attention at the Truck gig to make up for it. He seems like a quality geezer from the brief interaction I've had with him through ordering merch off the Antifolk site. How did the gig go?