aberdeen-music

Left handed junkies stole my iPod.

Lemonade

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
That story about the guy coming through the roof is freaky.

Last year the story that was doing the rounds was one about girls having coins stuck to their windows and then pulled back repeatively with string (to basically create a knocking sound). The rumour was that some guy was doing it near ferryhill to see where girls bedrooms where (assuming a girl looked out said window). The remainder of the story was that a girl on the ground floor pulled back her curtain to see a guy sitting across the street. She closed the curtain and despite being scared completely ignored it. Later that night she was broken into and the guy tried to rape her. The only thing that stopped him was that her flatmate heard her screams.

I got someone to check out the story and there's no police record of it. Thus I can only assume it's a story.

At the time I lived in the area and was really freaked out by it. Two nights later I hear a tapping noise coming from my bedroom window and I got my boyfriend to go outside. He found a 2p stuck to my window and clear fishing wire going towards a dark corner of the carpark where there was a fence leading to some people's back gardens. Nobody was there by the time he traced the wire. The wire ended up being about 15metres long and you could barely see it as it was night.

I now accept that it was probably just kids playing a joke but I was absolutely terrified for weeks afterwards and refused to go out on my own at night for a while too.

That Lucky Rathen is a real menace...

Last year the story that was doing the rounds was one about girls having coins stuck to their windows and then pulled back repeatively with string (to basically create a knocking sound). The rumour was that some guy was doing it near ferryhill to see where girls bedrooms where (assuming a girl looked out said window). The remainder of the story was that a girl on the ground floor pulled back her curtain to see a guy sitting across the street. She closed the curtain and despite being scared completely ignored it. Later that night she was broken into and the guy tried to rape her. The only thing that stopped him was that her flatmate heard her screams.

I got someone to check out the story and there's no police record of it. Thus I can only assume it's a story.

I heard that story a few years ago, defo urban legend I think....

You can probably find almost all of these stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages . Including this one, which I heard recently happened in the Trinity Centre car park.

snopes.com: Parking Lot Perfume Robbers

That story about the guy coming through the roof is freaky.

Another place I worked had a "wankers hilly" along the back of one of its accomodations, where they would literally line-up to watch the young ladies inside - Weekends (well, Thurs through Sun) were worst, when a combination of lust & alcohol often meant that some of the residents were a bit slap dash about shutting curtains & putting lights out - esp when they had company.

It was part of my job to patrol the hilly several times a night with a bloody enormous rubber torch & chase them off. Thankfully, they usually did get out of the way fast but there were a couple of rapes/attacks by prople climbing-in windows over the years but never on any of my shifts.

These days, they have landscaped the hilly with spiky plants & installed lighting & CCTV so I hope things are safer for the residents.

Well, it was on every street once upon a time in the west, but now you would need a ride across the river, it's so far away...

First time I've ever given rep to a mod, but it had to be done. :)

Continuing on the theme, it is indeed so far away now, but you could maybe work out where if I told you you would have to ride across the river (forth) and ring my portobello (door) belle to get a hold of me these days.

I'm guessing that you can't say where that is... :p

In all seriousness... did the occupants know about the goings on on the hilly? I'd be more than concerned.

Probably unwise. They don't like adverse publicity but were a good employer with no outstanding issues for me. As well as the landscaping, there have been other changes in the years since I worked there which probably make it much less of a problem now :)

Yes - They were very well warned to begin with & regular reminders were issued but you just can't tell some folk. :(