aberdeen-music

for fans of THE LAPSE, SHELLAC, FUGAZI, THE VAN PELT......

Dizzy Storm

DEFINATELY come see FEVERDREAM at drakes on mon 28th june....

they're on COALITION RECORDS.... not *as* hardcore as most of the bands on that label are - they're amazing.....well i think so...!

all you SEA/T13/GLORIA FLAW/ORWELL/DEDALUS/POLITIK/MASAMUNE types its a must!!!

Feverdream are a trio from Rotterdam that play a hook-laden, mesmerizing brand of post-punk that would not sound out of place on the same bill as Karate, Shellac or Fugazi. The cool thing is, although they would compliment those bands nicely, Feverdream are by no means a copycat band

With tours alongside respected indie rock outfits Les Savy Fav and Blonde Redhead in their native Holland under their belt, its hardly surprising when Feverdream's opening slavo on 'Future Directions', '60 Seconds', comes across like something akin to The Van Pelt, or even Blonde Redhead themselves, i.e. a very respectable indie rock outfit. You could go as far as saying hardcore, what with the occasional screaming and jagged guitars...

www.feverdream.nl

look out for free Feverdream sampler cds at drakes gigs over the next couple of weeks....

shaz :love:

Feverdream are a trio from Rotterdam that play a hook-laden' date=' mesmerizing brand of post-punk that would not sound out of place on the same bill as Karate, Shellac or Fugazi. [/quote']

damn! you said the 3 magic words that get me to a gig. karate, shellac or fugazi. sounds like a blast!

a-ha...i think i found a review and website for Bikeshed...(now Tiger Force....)

BIKESHED - WE DON'T PLAY THOSE GAMES AROUND HERE

Not sure what kind of games it is they don't play, but the kind of games Bikeshed do play are cheaplyrecorded, fuzz-tinged space-punk disco games where everyone drinks cider and jumps up and down maniacally until they collapse thorugh exhaustion. These games take place in a land of flourescent mountains where Steve Lamacq is king, and the Evening Session is broadcast 24 hours a day on every single radio station; a land where space guns and toy megaphones are considered appropriate instrumentation, and enthusiasm and experimentation are the most important attributes of all good music. Don't know about you, but that sounds a lot more fun than hopscotch to me.

Join the game at www.hitchhiker61.co.uk