aberdeen-music

Taking Back Sunday

Stephen

Soooo like just got dropped of from Toooms and what a night that was. Well impressed. The Hurt Process. Coulda done with missing them to be honest. Piss generic post-hardcore. Recover. Oh baby were they sounding meaty. Loving it I was :D Played decent amount of stuff from rodeo and picasso which rocked but majority was new stuff being showcased. Tbs were the shit tho. Crowd totally into. Band loving fact that everyone was lapping it up. Mike swings galore tooo :D:p totally rockin. Played quite few news songs which seem to hold their own against the older stuff esp new single (name escapes me at present) and the union. both sound goood.

overall well worth long day had to endure :)

plus got myself nice tbs zipper which rocks the house. wooop :band:

night night xx

I actually really liked The Hurt Process, lovely guys too although the drummer came across as a bit sleazy....Recover...oh my god, they were brilliant! Playing ''Betting All I Have'' second!! I nearly cried it was that good, ''Pardon the Wait'' was also awesome. Claire says they were nice guys but the bassist seemed WASTED...he was hilarious - ''Do i LOOK like I've been drinking????'' *slumps into bandmate*...Then Taking Back Sunday...oh my god...'You know how i do' as an opener!!! 'Great Romances' once again had me near to tears again!! And fucking claire got handed the mic!! So jammy, but she's gonna have some fucking immense photos when they get developed. Amazing show but because i had an elbow or five in my spine i had to get lifted out before the encore, although that solo song was beautiful and the closer......my god....my god....so cool. Fucking brilliant shows, and fucking brilliant guys...Adam seemed genuinely shocked that everyone knew all the words to all the songs. He also seemed really quiet until he got a few drinks in him, him and Claire were talking about Aereogramme and random shit until some stupid time in the morning, drinking Aftershock in Jims Bar, Ed is a fucking sound guy too really nice and UNSLEAZY unlike the drummer from the Hurt Process....the rest of whom were really talkative and nice guys.

Awesome night, met them beforehand briefly, saw an immense show, and then hung out with the in the bar afterwards....Lyndsey was there too and i doubt she'll forget it EVER. well i hope she doesn't when she sobers up....poor girl...waaaaaaaaaaaay too much to drink.

whole evening - 11/10

yeah was an immense night!!! the bands were great,was particularly impressed with recover.and also taking back sunday were outta this world!great setlist.Ghost man on third was amazing and there's no i in team was a great song to close with.great romances was also a standout track when adam handed me the mic...wee!!!absolutely fantastic gig.

the bar afterwards was just as fun....you know it's been a good night when you're sitting at a table with adam lazzara drinking aftershock and talking about music,the warped tour and random shite!!ed was also a really nice guy-he thought the others were really cool(10 scene points to lesley,stacey and lynDsey!!!) the guys from recover and the hurt process were really nice too(except the drummer was a bit sleazy!) the bassist duncan was really nice-we had a huuge convo about norma jean and other stuff-everyone was worried i was gonna end up in manchester today!

overall great music and lovely guys,fantastic night! :up:

Guest Tooms

Oh yeah boi!!

TBS were fucking awesome...and im seeing them again in two days!!! decent! :p

I didn't mind the hurt process actually ,weren't amazing but not bad, not bad. I was however, very unimpressed with recover....and although i seem to be the only one, i just thought they were bland and well, just didn't do it for me.

Awesome night thought, good friends, good bands and i got my good T-shirt on right now :D

Guest idol_wild

I was hugely disappointed with TBS. The vocals were hard to decipher and the sound was bloody everywhere. Not entirely the band's fault, as apparently the venue has a bit of a reputation for that. But still, some parts of the familiar songs were completely unrecognisable.

Brilliant stage presence though. They could have been very very good had the vocals and general sound levels been up to scratch.

I was loving every minute of that gig, well mostly.

The Hurt Process i could not get into at all. I couldn't understand why they felt they needed two vocalists since the "bigger" boy could scream and sing to standard, the other one was uselss, in my opinion.

Recover were pretty good, shocked myself by being able to sing along to one of the songs :rolleyes: so that was allright.

TBS, what can i say, i'm in love. Totally awesome, dont think i stood still for one moment during their set, i was screeching the words back at the band, and adam( who pointed at me TWICE :love: ) I think i may have even the muttered the word "deesc" after it :moody:

Amazing night.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

ahhh...what and immense gig! i had always thought the hurt process sounded very poor on record, but last night they seemed rather better, maybe i was just so excited nothing could seem too bad though! recover were quite good too, but i felt they were a bit dry...just lacking something. very good band though. and tbs!! wow!! i managed to push myself to the front somehow and got very squashed, hit and kicked..but i was too happy too care! the vocals were a bit off, i did notice that, but still an amazing gig..wee! so many folk from aberdeen there, it was scary!

Jesus. What can I say? That has to be the best gig I've ever been too...i thought the support was pretty good, Recover especially.

TBS...woosh. I couldn't believe I was actually there, pretty much right at the front, only about 2 people in front of me (I think I was right behind Vaya). It was the sweatiest I've ever been (yum), but the best night ever. Agree that "You Know How I Do" was an awesome starter, and I was loving how they ended with "Cute Without The E"! Jumping up and down screaming "Your lipstick, his collar..." is a memory that I'll have forever! However, I was a bit disappointed they didn't play "Head Club" and I also noticed that the sound quality wasn't that great, but I wasn't unduly bothered...phwoar. I was so close to Adam.

However, I had all these midgets elbowing me in the back (don't you think if I could move forward anymore, I WOULD'VE by now?!), and this girl/guy with the longest, bushiest hair ever that kept sticking to me and Keira, ugh.

I nearly got a drumstick, but the other guy who had his hand on it leant forward, so I couldn't hold onto it anymore and I lost it ;( But I did get a snazzy t-shirt :love:

Heh, there were so many TBS folk on our train home...but they all got off at Perth. We all nodded at each other's tshirts though :O

Summing up the night in one word: Fucking-incredible!

Guest The Tourist
good pic......

No it's not, it was on my camera phone and i pounced on him while he was being shoved in to a lift to be taken to safety from a few screaming girls...

Guest The Tourist
Tourist....did i speak to you briefly? i asked if you were from aberdeen? it was after the gig...

Uh possibly, I was in amidst the group of about 20 people from Aberdeen any way, and that loud annoying american who no one knew kept talking and stuff...

I thought The Hurt Process were fucking ace! They totally outshined Recover who I thought were pretty piss to be honest!

Taking Back Sunday totally blew me away tho! They were fucking amazing and one of the best performances I've ever seen in my life!! And fucking hell....Adam with that mic...:love: he's amazing! Even if his singing was shit it wouldn't matter! Just seeing him swing that mic made my night!

It was great to see a lot of Aberdeen-Music.com folk there too (and not so great to see some others :moody: )

All in all it was a great night! I never expected it to be that good! The only thing that saddened me was that I didn't get a slush puppy! ;(

I thought The Hurt Process were fucking ace! They totally outshined Recover who I thought were pretty piss to be honest!

i totally respect fact of everyone can have different opinion but to be honest I really cant see how anyone could with straight face say hurt process were better than recover. dont mean to come across like a twat but i really feel people enjoy hurt process better cause they do whole in sound thing , all be it very badly, and recover have very uncool sound.

anyway just my opinion

recover > hurt process

Guest highroller

also id like to add that i dont know what this was about adam singing badly...eh??

he was on fire...remember kids...live is DIFFERENT to record and thats the beauty of live music...seeing it in human form...

Guest highroller
:gringo: That's me...cool as fuck' date=' because i'm seeing TBS for the SECOND time tomorrow :rolleyes: decent.[/quote']

never a mention of "bens lovely and taking me for my birthday."

je suis hurt!