aberdeen-music

Best studio?

Lemonade

Have a look at Floortom, www.floortom.com. Steve's our drummer and does our productions so naturally I'm biased! You can hear samples of tracks Steve has produced and mixed on the 'Songs' page. Don't think that Steve's put any new stuff up there for a while. You can hear our stuff at MySpace.com - Outbox - Scotland, UK - Acoustic / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/outbox.

Good luck with your recording :up:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it son.

Considering I got an extra day of mixing free of charge after explaining my utter disgust at the extortionate price of said tea and biscuits/recording (and especially after his equipment broke down for 45 paid minutes...TWICE!), I'm not sure he would be in the best standing to dispute my case.

But I have still retained the receipts if his soon-to-be-skint bass player fancies a loss in court?

In defence of the mill and Niall, I have been at the studio on hundreds of occasions and have seldom seen him take a tea break, he drinks tea usualy made by the visiting bands, im sure many people on here can confirm that. You paint a very unfairly bleak picture of a studio that has and still can produce recordings to a level unatainable by any other studio in the Aberdeen area...

I cant understand why you think you were ripped off when you were given a whole free day after just 90mins down time, sounds fair to me.

Oh and I dont think his bass player will be skint any time soon!!

G...

In defence of the mill and Niall, I have been at the studio on hundreds of occasions and have seldom seen him take a tea break, he drinks tea usualy made by the visiting bands, im sure many people on here can confirm that. You paint a very unfairly bleak picture of a studio that has and still can produce recordings to a level unatainable by any other studio in the Aberdeen area...

I cant understand why you think you were ripped off when you were given a whole free day after just 90mins down time, sounds fair to me.

Oh and I dont think his bass player will be skint any time soon!!

G...

Hey - there are plenty of good reviews of The Mill for Niall to enjoy, I am simply being honest about my own experience with the studio. I heard nothing but great reviews of The Mill, which is why I chose to try it out and invested 1500 pounds into a bunch of recordings which I was very disappointed with.

I'm merely telling my side.

NS Productions -

-------------------------

Nick seems quite expensive but when you think of how much time and effort he puts into the songs its quite alot of work and a fraction of what it would normally cost a well established studio.

The only major thing that everyone seems to comment on is the drums they sound "fake" and digitalised like its not the actual drummer playing (which can take away some of the glory of the drummer im sure) .

Exile Studio

------------------

Not bad quailty for Whole Day = 150 pounds..

MySpace.com - Avoid The Morning [Deput EP Soon] - UK - Post punk / Pop Punk / Powerpop - www.myspace.com/avoidthemorning

You record.. get a quick mix then, he will edit it out take best bits from each recording and make it best he can.

You can then tell him over the net whether or not you are happy or what you want changed etc.

Captain Toms

--------------------

Well we are in the middle of recording our EP there just now. We did record with them for the Fat Hippy Sampler VOLIII CD and it was quite good. Pauls a great guy with great ideas and help. He lets you go back and do this and that (most sound guys Ive worked with have been quite grumpy apart from Paul). Depending on how much you want to spend you can do all the instruments at once or multitrack it (all up to the band).

We personally took the night time deal for two days running. (Total Cost 220pounds) and so far the CD is turning out quite well.

So anyone who has recorded at Toms before and thinks it was a bit poor (like us in the past) if you are willing to spend that little bet extra time and money its a pretty good studio for the cost.

I do sound like im plugging toms all the time. We just love it there =].

Back in the studio tonightcYUS.

:)

NS Productions -

-------------------------

Nick seems quite expensive but when you think of how much time and effort he puts into the songs its quite alot of work and a fraction of what it would normally cost a well established studio.

The only major thing that everyone seems to comment on is the drums they sound "fake" and digitalised like its not the actual drummer playing (which can take away some of the glory of the drummer im sure) .

Exile Studio

------------------

Not bad quailty for Whole Day = 150 pounds..

MySpace.com - Avoid The Morning [Deput EP Soon] - UK - Post punk / Pop Punk / Powerpop - www.myspace.com/avoidthemorning

You record.. get a quick mix then, he will edit it out take best bits from each recording and make it best he can.

You can then tell him over the net whether or not you are happy or what you want changed etc.

Captain Toms

--------------------

Well we are in the middle of recording our EP there just now. We did record with them for the Fat Hippy Sampler VOLIII CD and it was quite good. Pauls a great guy with great ideas and help. He lets you go back and do this and that (most sound guys Ive worked with have been quite grumpy apart from Paul). Depending on how much you want to spend you can do all the instruments at once or multitrack it (all up to the band).

We personally took the night time deal for two days running. (Total Cost 220pounds) and so far the CD is turning out quite well.

So anyone who has recorded at Toms before and thinks it was a bit poor (like us in the past) if you are willing to spend that little bet extra time and money its a pretty good studio for the cost.

I do sound like im plugging toms all the time. We just love it there =].

Back in the studio tonightcYUS.

:)