aberdeen-music

Esperi + Katerwaul + Greater the shadow + y change costume @ The Tunnels

esperi

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
Esperi is pure teckle indeed

Yes yes. I have given the songs thorough listens and love them.

Looking forward to seeing them.

It's a shame Her Name Is Calla had to pull out of this one.

yeah Esperi can sometimes be chris on his own and sometimes with a variety of members, both being very enjoyable.

I believe spit from eye/nomogram is playing with them now, which can only be a good thing!

aw shucks, it is indeed true. I joined a while back whilst doing a spot of recording for them (us?), did a show or so playing glock and other bits. Kev will be on the 'album', bar a couple on new ones, which is all still roughly mixed and un-re-recorded, as per current Myspace songs, but it's coming together.

Last night in Glasgow was my first gig on bass on a pokey little stage which was oddly fun. i had to sit on my cab, and kicked Jon [drummer] in the shins when i moved. Also had a nice view of the back of Chris' head.

From what i remember, everyone stands at the back during gigs at the Tunnels? Maybe we should set up by the bar?

:ding:

Guest idol_wild

From what i remember, everyone stands at the back during gigs at the Tunnels? Maybe we should set up by the bar?

:ding:

I will endeavour to ensure the troops stand at the front. Also, gently asking at the start of your set does usually influence the crowd :)

Guest idol_wild

Fine night. Decent turn-out.

This has rejuvinated my desire to promote a bit more.

Greater the Shadow pull off the quieter ambient side of things with aplomb.

Esperi were magical. You're all in for a treat on Wednesday 29th at the Music Club, because you're all going, right?

Yes.

Y Change Costume brought the dirty noise and provided the best ever quip whilst Katerwaul were playing.

That is the loudest Katerwaul set I've witnessed. In a good way.

fuck yes esperi were great, they sounded like the sea and cake and gastr del sol. who around these parts sounds like the sea and cake or gastr del sol? i can't think of anyone, so i was really glad to find out about those guys.

and katerwaul and y change costume were both excellent, as expected. however, "band of the night" was that stilt-wearing cretin and his entourage in the next room. i had no idea how to react to that.

To be fair to him (stilt cretin) for a crowd of 9 people and to still put on the full Manson Tribute show has to be admired. Really enjoyed Esperi and their foot glock/bell thingy.

Y Change costume were the tits! All fun poking aside those boys really know how to make something as simple as bass and drums sound huge and inspiring. Every song was fresh and different unlike other bands I've seen do this. And Con's stage persona is second to none.

GTS's stripped down set was beautiful. I don't think it worked as well as it did in Kilau but If I hadn't been at the kilau gig I would have been absolutely blown away. If that makes sense.

The less said about our set the better.

what a great night , thanks to everyone who came along ,we all had an awesome time . greater the shadow , y change costume and katerwaul are all great bands and a great bunch of lads taboot . and the audience that night were so attentive and kind . a big virtual thumbs up :) and hell while im at it id better mention jim the barman made me an orange and cranberry juice and it was fuckin awesome

nice work phil for putting on such a good show