aberdeen-music

free ambient soundscapes...

lepeep

so many, it's crazy...I've got a pal (Mike Palace), who is "horchata", and his free soundscape / ambient lp ("Isolated House") is available here : www.darkwinter.com it's several tracks made up of field recordings from an old burnt out house...ace for falling asleep to. Click on the "Audio" link, and look at how much "music" you can download for boogerall. If you like that sort of thing.

I'll give this a try, but hmm. I'm always a bit skeptical of people that talk about 'field recordings'. Two note drone with someone opening a can reversed and put through 7 filters is pretty much the easiest way to 'make' music.

it's not really "music" though really... think of it as truly 'ambient' - play it in a dark room and you are transported to the place... I do agree that a lot of "ambient music" does seem easy to make, but the good stuff should make you feel something other than an expectation to disect the thing you are hearing?

it's not really "music" though really... think of it as truly 'ambient' - play it in a dark room and you are transported to the place... I do agree that a lot of "ambient music" does seem easy to make, but the good stuff should make you feel something other than an expectation to disect the thing you are hearing?

What i said wasn't a diss at ambient music as a whole - i do love a lot of it. A lot of the earlier Kranky stuff like Labradford, SotL and Windy and Carl, and most of the Type recs roster who show the prettier side of things, are great. It just seems of late everyone and their cat are releasing a limited edition '4 hours horror drone recorded in an abandoned house accompanied by swells produced from standing on an empty Ribena carton ', on double tape by a weird German label with a run of 25.

What i said wasn't a diss at ambient music as a whole - i do love a lot of it. A lot of the earlier Kranky stuff like Labradford, SotL and Windy and Carl, and most of the Type recs roster who show the prettier side of things, are great. It just seems of late everyone and their cat are releasing a limited edition '4 hours horror drone recorded in an abandoned house accompanied by swells produced from standing on an empty Ribena carton ', on double tape by a weird German label with a run of 25.

Yeah, i hate the way that ambient music has become too commercial...

one time, i farted on a snare drum and looped it for an hour.

I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that I'd like to hear that

I gathered that you were "into" ambient stuff, to an extent, I too used to moan about "whale fart music" (the very stuff you wer aluding to). But, Mike Palace is (and always has been) an excellent producer of dark ambient soundscapes, in fact, his "beat stuff" is no where near as good as his use of field recordings and drones. And I think all the "everyone's and their dogs" are on that list of free tracks!....I've no idea where to start, for fear of downloading hours of the same "droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss". But I would reccomend a listen to at least one of the Horchata tracks (but I am bias, seeing as I've worked with Mike on Videos and "tunes" before) YouTube - horchata - cyst (a beat song...after all that!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I really like it.

No thanks however for suggesting that it's good to fall asleep to. Woke up at 4AM after dreams of releasing paedophiles on kids, having my cock cut off and actually thinking the coat hanging from my door was a homocidal-paedophile standing in my room.