aberdeen-music

Boston BTU-500

Diesel

Anybody own one of these?....

Guitar Tuner Pedal Boston Chromatic, Mute Feature Tu-2*::*Tuners*::*Accessories*::*Guitar + Bass*::*Dangleberry Music Ltd

I sold almost all my pedals on here the other week - apart from the two I wanted to keep (Morley Bad Horsie 2 and DD-5).

Like the heid-the-ba' that I am, I listed and sold my TU-2 without giving it any thought.

Realising my mistake, I went on eBay looking for another and came up with the above little beauty.

Highly recommended - IMHO better than the TU-2 and a good bit cheaper.

If you're in the market for a tuning pedal, give the Boston a look. The brilliantly named Dangleberry Music were good to deal with - ordered it Friday pm and it arrived Saturday am - not too shabby!

Paul

Why's it better than a TU-2?

Just wondering. Looking at it the first thing I notice is that I prefer the TU-2's big switch to the small metal switch you can miss and you can't daisy chain the power output like you can on a TU-2 (not that I use that, but I could...).

Just opinion Chris - clearer display, seemed less "fussy" than the TU-2 when tuning (compared then side to side with bandmate's TU-2). Neat mute function that lets it work like normal tuner, or you can have it on all the time. personally, I like the steel buttons, but that's just my preference. Admit the daisy-chain power is a useful nice-to-have.

Guess the price difference alone makes it a good alternative as long as the build quality is up there, even if it lacks the daisy chaining.

It is pretty solid and is certainly a good alternative to the TU-2 - and much better that the likes of thon Big Dots thing that one of the other guys in the band has.

Isn't a tuner just a tuner?

I have a Boss one that I use at practice and have done at gigs, but at home I use a handheld one, which was about 15 from Cash Converters and it does the job all the same. If I press a button, it even plays the note I need, in an old Nokia ring tone kind of way. Superb.

With the Boss one being a pedal, they could at least build in some horrible effect that no one would use, like fuzz-flange or some shit. Get your moneys worth and that. After all, off the shelf they are pretty expensive to say it's just a box of LED's and a singular digital display.

Isn't a tuner just a tuner?

Well, yeah. But a floor tuner is essential for gigging, makes things so much easier, people don't need to hear your tune and you don't need to unplug from your amp/pedals then plug into the tuner. The Boss one is fairly bulletproof and can power your other pedals as well. Worth the money.

I do religiously use the daisy chain in my Boss tuner to power my OD because I hate buying batteries every other day it seems. I guess that is a decent advantage... I got mine for 20 because some guy I know just got a rack tuner, but they go for so much more usually. It's a big price to pay just for convenience I guess.

Although if I press one of the buttons on the TU-2, and the LED's start streaming, I haven't got a ruddy clue what's going on. Complicated little bugger.

I do religiously use the daisy chain in my Boss tuner to power my OD because I hate buying batteries every other day it seems. I guess that is a decent advantage... I got mine for 20 because some guy I know just got a rack tuner, but they go for so much more usually. It's a big price to pay just for convenience I guess.

Although if I press one of the buttons on the TU-2, and the LED's start streaming, I haven't got a ruddy clue what's going on. Complicated little bugger.

think you've gotta get the dots to slow down etc.

I dont really know i stick to chromatic tuning with it