aberdeen-music

Granite City Records Freshers Night - 8 Acts, 2 Rooms, 3!

A diverse line-up with something for everyone so we hope you'll all make it down...

Vesuvian: Noisy, Dirty, Psych Rock Riffage MySpace.com - Vesuvian - ABERDEEN, UK - Progressive / Psychedelic / Rock - www.myspace.com/vesuvian

Katerwaul: Epic, Ambient Rock Soundscapes MySpace.com - Katerwaul - Aberdeen, UK - Alternative / Ambient / Progressive - www.myspace.com/katerwaulmusic

The Hijacks: Fast, Sing-A-Long Ska Punk Anthems MySpace.com - The Hijacks - Aberdeen, UK - Ska / Punk - www.myspace.com/hijackska

Kitchen Cynics: Dreamy Psych-Folk Veteran MySpace.com - Kitchen Cynics - Aberdeen, UK - Folk / Psychedelic / Experimental - www.myspace.com/kitchencynics

The Tijuana Sun: Laid Back, Country Tinged Rock MySpace.com - The Tijuana Sun - Aberdeen, UK - Acoustic / Blues / Indie - www.myspace.com/thetijuanasun

Debutant: Shimmering Lo-Fi Pop MySpace.com - Debutant - Planet Neptune, UK - Experimental / Ambient / Pop - www.myspace.com/musicbydebutant

The Locals: Catchy, Indie-Pop Gems MySpace.com - The Locals - Aberdeen, UK - Indie / Rock / Powerpop - www.myspace.com/thelocalsaberdeen

Which Way Now: Melodic, Female Fronted Metal MySpace.com - Which Way Now - Aberdeen, UK - Rock / Metal - www.myspace.com/whichwaynowrocks

@ The Tunnels 1 and 2, Carnegies Brae

Wednesday 24th September 2008

7.30pm

3 Entry/FREE ENTRY FOR FRESHERS STUDENTS 08/09

(plus we'll be giving out more copies of the Granite City Records vol 1 comp CD for those who still havent got one!)

what an ace mini festival. I had som much fun ping ponging between the two rooms. Unfrotunately the gig was ruined a little by the very people it was meant for i.e a small group of freshers. But not enough to ruin the whole night. All credit to Kirk who organised a great show. Tunnels should utilise both rooms like that more often.

The request we got for a Deacon Blue cover was awesome!

Guest idol_wild
what an ace mini festival. I had som much fun ping ponging between the two rooms. Unfrotunately the gig was ruined a little by the very people it was meant for i.e a small group of freshers. But not enough to ruin the whole night. All credit to Kirk who organised a great show. Tunnels should utilise both rooms like that more often.

The request we got for a Deacon Blue cover was awesome!

But you never played the Deacon Blue cover. That guy pissed me off. I hate ironic students.

But yes, big credit to Kirk for having the balls to organise what he did. It flowed nicely.

The Kitchen Cynics blew me away. So so so so so good. Loving the Jazzmaster and the tremolo.

Katerwaul were superb. One of my favourite locals bands without a doubt. I miss playing in a band. The Hijacks were also very enjoyable. Very tight and toe-tappingly good.

Nice.

Thanks to everyone who played and attended this. It is a shame there wasnt a bigger crowd and a lot of people didnt seem to get that they could move between the rooms when one band finished but for us, it was still a very enjoyable evening and hopefully this kind of thing of using both rooms at the same time can become a more regular thing.

Thanks also to Scott, Jenny and Rob for doing a great job with the sound.