aberdeen-music

Killswitch Engage & Fear Factory

lindeh

my point is that they are one of the bands who are mixing all the modern metal sounds/techniques with the old school and fully deserve to be as famous as other old school bands like megadeth. They have got a modern sound mixed with old....

I don't deny it. All I'm saying is that I think they're cheesy and rubbish.

i can't be arsed proving my point anymore cause i've got better things to be doing than arguing with clueless children....

Haha' date=' don't make me laugh. That's exactly the sort of response I'd expect from someone who names themself after a Slayer song and has a Megadeth graphic in their avatar.

but there is no way you can argue that killswitch are a better band musically than shadows fall. and its as simple as that..ok

Never said they were. I just stated that I don't like Shadows Fall, and it's as simple as that, OK?

i can't be arsed proving my point anymore cause i've got better things to be doing than arguing with clueless children.... but there is no way you can argue that killswitch are a better band musically than shadows fall. and its as simple as that..ok

With all due respect man, that is a pretty stupid thing to say considering you're speaking to Jim here...

I'm on the fence, I like Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage...however I can UNDERSTAND why someone like Jim dislikes them. It doesn't make him right or wrong, but calling him a child when he has been into hardcore etc music for years is a bit silly.

I personally think Killswitch are the better band, which really says something as I am a big fan of guitar solos. I just prefer their songs and feel their sense of dynamics is superior. Howver you will still notice that I am wearing a shadows fall t-shirt in the latest MMw photos....

Also, you CAN argue that Killswitch are a better band musically than shadows fall...that isn't to say that they are or not, however. Just because killswitch never play solos doesn't make them worse musicians.

If you compare art of balance to alive or just breathing, you will notice the latter is actually tighter musically - even though it is less technical. But someone like Dream Theater or Symphony X PISS ALL OVER shadows fall in terms of musicianship - but that doesn't make them better bands.

But hey, i'll be nice here and just say go check out the band All That Remains if you haven't already... you will love them. :)

Checked out a little "All That Remains" - Good shit, very similar to KillSwitch Engage, which is a good thing.

Regarding the Shadows Fall thing - they're just a bit average in my opinion, but I can see why others like them. Chimera on the other hand, are simply apalling.

at the end of the day its all a matter of opinion........

ours is different' date='[/quote']

Absolutely sir, nail on the head! (which is why I thought it was a bit rubbish calling jim fucking stupid amongst other things, merely for having an opinion)

But like you say, roll on the muthafucking 19th!