aberdeen-music

what if...?

Aileen

jeff buckley hadn't died?

in my opinion, Grace is undoubtedly one of the best albums ever recorded, but the sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk just dont cut it in comparison. is this just because they were kinda more ideas and didnt have a proper arrangement and all that fancy stuff? or if it had been recorded could it have been the downfall of Buckley's career?

thoughts?

ps. jeff buckley is my hero....an angel in every sense of the word! :D

Originally posted by Aileen:

but the sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk just dont cut it in comparison. is this just because they were kinda more ideas and didnt have a proper arrangement and all that fancy stuff? or if it had been recorded could it have been the downfall of Buckley's career?

Remember that 'Sketches...' is very much a work in prgress, it probably wouldn't have sounded anything like it does if Buckley had lived (hence the title). Also - songs like 'Woke Up in Strange Place' and 'What Would You Say' might also have pointed in a direction he might've taken. Read the 'Dream Brother' biography if you haven't already, it's great.

If Buckley was your hero, prepare to meet your new hero:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13148