aberdeen-music

Acoustic Guitars?

mistersticks

Thinking about buying a new acoustic guitar just wanting some suggestions to which ones i could look further into (for value for money, sound, etc) Before i was thinking about a freshman or a seagull, I can spend up to 500 quid.

cheers

save a few bob, taylor big baby, costs less than 500 bux (350ish), american made, plays well, good sound, good value for money... spend the 150 bux you saved on a fishman piezo pickup and your still up 30 -50 quid...

Coda (Home Page - Coda Music) are currently offering a Taylor 210 for just 399, which represents great value for money IMO. I'd certainly recommend trying a few out before making any sort of decision- the 210 lacks electronics so it depends if amplification is of a high priority. I ended up choosing a Garrison when I was in your situation this time last year- all solid woods, Canadian made, Buzz Feiten tuning system and a great finish (not overly glossy, although that comes down to personal preference). I've certainly been very happy with my purchase, but I was equally impressed with the Taylor models I tried. I noticed Peter Cooks (Peter Cook's Guitar World) have been trying to get rid of one of the similarly high-quality models for just 299 which is a steal really.

• 4 weeks later...