aberdeen-music

Glissando + My Kappa Roots + Lamplighter @ Tunnels 2

Guest idol_wild

Yeah, apparently it's in Mucky Mulligans with the French Quarter (from Stirling, sound good on myspace).

I've only ever seen covers bands in Mucky's though, so no idea what that show will be like on a Saturday night - maybe it's an early one? Only ever used to go in there as it had a late licence. Not really many other places to play in Perth now, so maybe it's picked up a bit. Hard to tell what's going on in Perth these days as I only work there.

Sorry to derail.

Guest idol_wild

The French Quarter are pretty good, but I do fear that Glissando won't exactly get an "attentive" audience in Perth. That bar is like the equivalent of Ma's on a Saturday night. Hope they silence the crowd though.

Really good night. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Lamplighter, I really liked how it was put together. At the end it got quite sinister and I thought goblins might attack, but they didn't and it sounded great.

I thought My Kappa Roots had some good songs and his guitar playing was brilliant, really liked all the finger picking. Glissando were lovely, great voice and sounds with some really nice epic build ups toward the end.

All in all a great evening, oh and thanks to Phil for the advice on loop pedals, yer a gent.