aberdeen-music

iPod repairs?

Teabags

My fairly new iPod has a slight problem. The input jack is a bit buggered, as in it only plays through one speaker/headphone unless you push the jack off to the side, if that makes sense.

Anyone know a good place/person/way of getting this fixed with little hassle? I don't like sending shit away.

Bought in December. Dunno if I still have the receipt and box though. Should that matter? They'd have some sort of record of the serial number or something?

Proof of purchase is usually required, but this could be in the form of a credit card statement in some cases. Depends how you paid for it.

Try phoning the place you bought it from or call Apple and see what they're saying.

• 2 weeks later...

you should be able to get a replacement where you bought it if it's broken within the year. if they don't then they're a pretty crappy shoppy. you don't need a proof of purchase for faulty goods for a repair or exchange but it helps to prove you bought it at that shop. a credit card statement should suffice.

• 2 months later...
Guest idol_wild
My fairly new iPod has a slight problem. The input jack is a bit buggered, as in it only plays through one speaker/headphone unless you push the jack off to the side, if that makes sense.

Anyone know a good place/person/way of getting this fixed with little hassle? I don't like sending shit away.

Did you get this sorted?

My brand new iPod Touch has been in my possession for less than two weeks and I have the same problem.

I fucking hate technology. Seriously.

Guest idol_wild
Hi, I'm Phil from Kartta, and nothing I own works correctly. :up:

That's Mister Phil from Kartta to you ;)

It really is beyond a joke, though. This is my fourth iPod in three years. Why do they have to be so fucking good yet fucking terrible at the same time?

WHY, GOD! WHY?

Should have got a Creative Zen :up:

Although I did have the same problem with my Zen a couple of weeks ago, but it turned out it was my earphones that were broken, even though pushing the jack to the side meant it came through both earphones. I instantly assumed it was the jack socket that was knackered.

I wasn't gutted at the thought because the thing is 4 years old, and the play/pause and skip track buttons don't work anymore, so I can only play albums that I know are constently good with no duff tracks. Or I can pull the whole device out of my pocket and go into the menu and select the next track. But this is the digital age. An age where we expect convenience and demand erradication of effort and thought!

I still havent gotten round to sorting it yet. Cos im lazy.

Someone sent me a PM about it though...

dude apple sends out a prepaid packet to return via fedex
really? whats the best way to go about it? phone or web-site?

thanks for the info though!

best way is through website. remember to get fedex or whoever their carrier is to collect it and not put it in the post box

So apparently thats the best way. I should get on the case soon actually, sicne my warranty is prob up next month

Guest idol_wild
I still havent gotten round to sorting it yet. Cos im lazy.

Someone sent me a PM about it though...

So apparently thats the best way. I should get on the case soon actually, sicne my warranty is prob up next month

Cheers min. I'll get on to it. I almost literally can't live without my iPod.

i've just been given a dead ipod and found plenty of sites on the internet that show you how to fix the hardware bits n bobs. i've ordered the faulty part (headphone jack and hold button replacement) and it's sitting in the post office waiting for me to collect. if i can get it working i'll post all the links.

but seriously, if it's still under warranty (and close to expiry) get your finger out and send it back - better you get your money's worth, you did after all pay for the privaledge of getting the warranty in the first place! if you're skint - fleece a friend: can't be that much to post it back!