aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

a question

Just wondering if any of you Interesting chaps have considered booking Julie Fowlis to play a gig up here? Notice she's touring later in the year but just seems to be playing Englandshire and Edinburgh.

Just wondering if any of you Interesting chaps have considered booking Julie Fowlis to play a gig up here?

an answer (of sorts) - I haven't considered this. It's probably more Graeme's remit...

G?

Just wondering if any of you Interesting chaps have considered booking Julie Fowlis to play a gig up here? Notice she's touring later in the year but just seems to be playing Englandshire and Edinburgh.

I'd be quite interested although fee expectation relative to audience turn out for "folkie" gigs in Aberdeen is not the best. I'll have a look though. Maybe The Lemon Tree will provide for these sort of gigs again. Any interest in Rachel Unthank?

I'd be quite interested although fee expectation relative to audience turn out for "folkie" gigs in Aberdeen is not the best. I'll have a look though. Maybe The Lemon Tree will provide for these sort of gigs again. Any interest in Rachel Unthank?

yes! really wanted to see rachel unthank at stonehaven but unfortunately she was on the same bill as barbara dickson and it was rather pricey. last album was amazing.

it might just be me and chris that go though :)

Would love to see Rachel Unthank here. Saw them at Green Man last year and they were one of the highlights. Try not to make it before October though ;)

Would love to see Rachel Unthank here. Saw them at Green Man last year and they were one of the highlights. Try not to make it before October though ;)

well if you're interested she's playing stonehaven folk festival in but a couple of weeks. :)

Hmm, that's fair enough. Julie Fowlis has a decent enough profile at the moment though so I'd think she'd do ok. Lemon Tree or Woodend Barn would be good venues.

And that's a yes for Rachel Unthank.

Hmm, that's fair enough. Julie Fowlis has a decent enough profile at the moment though so I'd think she'd do ok. Lemon Tree or Woodend Barn would be good venues.

And that's a yes for Rachel Unthank.

She has a "bigtime showbiz" agent now as well

She has a "bigtime showbiz" agent now as well

Doesn't surprise me, looking at her tour dates she seems to be spending a lot of time in the US.

well if you're interested she's playing stonehaven folk festival in but a couple of weeks. :)

I'm away then too, but it looks like it's sold out anyway.

I'm away then too, but it looks like it's sold out anyway.

ah that's too bad. the folk festival always sells out pretty fast.