aberdeen-music

So, The Budget

Caught about 20-minutes of it on BBC parliament then watched Cameron's response. It seemed pretty dedicated to green issues, but Darling's always got such a limp delivery that it always feels like he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear.

I think David Cameron's response actually put the budget in a better light though, he always comes off as so pathetic it always makes the cabinet look better. He can't resist getting in a little cheeky public schoolboy-esque dig at any opportunity, you could tell he'd been thinking about that Ed Balls 'minister of children doesn't mean you have to act like a child' gag for about a month, he was positively beaming about getting it out.

As for the fags and booze hike, it's to be expected really. It just makes it more annoying when people claim smokers are a 'drain on the NHS'. If the government aren't directing the money from tobacco taxes into the NHS it's not my fault!

Th alchohol tax hikes are completely ridiculous. If Darling is going to try and justify it by claiming he's clamping down on binge drinking, he's having a laugh. The neds and old men that stagger past my flat at 1pm aren't cradling a 12 year Dalwhinnie or a nice bottle of Talisker. So why hike up whisky by 55p? I notice it's only bottles between 20 and 100 quid that this applies to, so whilt the wasters can keep stocking up on cheap vodka, the responsible drinker is punished.

Th alchohol tax hikes are completely ridiculous. If Darling is going to try and justify it by claiming he's clamping down on binge drinking, he's having a laugh. The neds and old men that stagger past my flat at 1pm aren't cradling a 12 year Dalwhinnie or a nice bottle of Talisker. So why hike up whisky by 55p? I notice it's only bottles between 20 and 100 quid that this applies to, so whilt the wasters can keep stocking up on cheap vodka, the responsible drinker is punished.

yea i agree. i don't think just putting the price up is going to have any affect on binge drinking. people are still going to want to get fucked and will find a way to do that regardless of the price. they need to think about why people drink like that. unfortunately i don't think there's an easy answer.