aberdeen-music

God is An Astronaut

Brew Records

are doing their first ever UK tour. It's a very small tour and they are not coming up to Scotland.

Hoxton Bar & Kitchen - London, United Kingdom - Thursday April 17th

Norwich Arts Centre - St. Benedicts Street, Norwich, Norfolk - Friday April 18th

The Brudenell Social Club - Leeds, United Kingdom - Saturday April 19th

Tumbledown - Farnborough, United Kingdom - Sunday April 20th

We're putting them on in Leeds though so if anyone fancies a weekend away then come on down. This will be a very rare chance to see one the best and most amazing bands in the world.

Here's all the info:

Brew Records & Ruth Present

Saturday 19th April - Brudenell Social Club - Leeds

God Is An Astronaut

godisanastronautband.jpg

God Is an Astronaut are an instrumental three piece hailing from the Glen of the Downs, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. They play some of the most intense and beautiful music you will ever hear.

""Far From Refuge" is anything but a cliche post-rock album. Rather, it is a masterpiece that finds the band's sound maturing."

Jason - Somewherecold *****

"... hugely impressive tunes which continually build in intensity ... for fans of this kind of music,

it's very much essential listening." - Paul Nolan - Hotpress 8/10

"Be it the simple lull of Sunrise in Aries or the mesmeric slap of sonics on the title track and Darkfall,

there are very few times when GIAA fail to soar." - Jim Carroll - The Irish Times/Ticket

"Raw emotive power" - 9/10 Nick Cowen - Drowned In Sound

"It would be a crime not to tell you about this record." Metal Storm 9/10

"God is an Astronaut have produced an incredible piece of post-rock music

that will stand the test of time." ***** Jason - Somewherecold.com

Official Site

Last FM

Myspace

Support from:

These Monsters

l_dc706114348cbb2caf9a4806bda67073.jpg

An instrumental group that rely too much on trying to be different and making a racket than causing any sort of pleasure. Their main problem is that they are just far too loud. Can anyone please tell me the point of using a saxophone if nobody can hear it? Too much unintelligible noise and feedback that just plain hurts. A poor man’s Quack Quack, I’d hate to be their neighbours.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is one of the most promising bands in the instrumental arena. If These Monsters can pull together a debut album with anything close to the vision, idea and musicianship as this EP, they will definitely become the U.K's answer to Explosions in the Sky.

- The Silent Ballet

Myspace

Immune

They've been away for a while recovering from a broken leg but Gizeh Record's industrial prog rock monster is back.

Making timeless music is difficult and important.

You may not fully understand how or why bands make such music, maybe you don't even care.

Immune makes timeless music. An unearthly movement, that only after repeated listens begins to take shape. Not that these sounds are not immediate, some things just take more time and require a little more effort.

Reference points musically could head towards Brainiac, Massive Attack, Tool or the later work of Sneaker Pimps, but to compare Immune to others does it a huge disservice; everyone needs to feel loved...

"A breathtaking piece of work"

Tiny Voices 10/10

"A triumph for British rock"

Drowned In Sound 8/10

Myspace

Gizeh Records

MySpace.com - Brew Records - I Concur single now up! - UK - Progressive / Progressive / Progressive - www.myspace.com/brewrecords

other gigs we've got coming up in Leeds:

22/02/07 - Library - Vessels, Itch, Cowtown & 1 more TBC

08/03/07 - Brudenell - i Concur, Her Name Is Calla, Wintermute & The Pattern Theory

Tickets on sale now at See Tickets

Seetickets.com

GiaA aren't that amazing, they've got quite a cheesy sound at times which puts me off.

These Monsters are freaking ace though, saw them supporting Envy in the Brudenell and was well impressed. Their EP is really good most of the time, just lacks a little consistency. I'd be up for seeing them again. As for the UK's answer to Explosions? TM have more vision and ideas, just need time. They'll probably start giving 65dos a run for their money soon.

*side note - Her Name Is Calla are pretty good too, they're coming back with Twilight Sad in March.

these mosters are excellent and create a huge sound, that actually do something a bit different with post rock which is nice (mainly down to drummer and greetin sax)

Completely. It's a wee bit true that you can't hear the sax for shite during the bigger moments but at all others it's positively sexual.