aberdeen-music

Wanted - Les Paul (Gibson)

Diesel

Hi,

Having for the upteenth time, sold my Lester and regretted it, I find myself once again, sans humbuckers. This is not good.

I'm looking for a Gibson USA Les Paul Standard in playable condition. Would also consider "Classic" series. Cash waiting.

Pm me please.

You want another Standard Limited Edition dude - ebony fretboard goodness like the last one! :)

I want another one of them too now! :(

Want a Zakk? :p:laughing:

You know, if I was you (and I'm not), I would probably buy a nice used Historic from the States. Even with shipping and duty, with the exchange rates just now you will get a good deal.

Check out Mark's Guitar Loft, at the moment they have a super sweet oxblood for 2450 and a 58 reissue for the same price.

Mark's Guitar Loft ~ electrics

They get new stock in all the time.

You know, if I was you (and I'm not), I would probably buy a nice used Historic from the States. Even with shipping and duty, with the exchange rates just now you will get a good deal.

Check out Mark's Guitar Loft, at the moment they have a super sweet oxblood for 2450 and a 58 reissue for the same price.

Mark's Guitar Loft ~ electrics

They get new stock in all the time.

Ta - I'll check it out.

My friend is going off to Houston with work soon, perhaps he can scope one for me there. I'm also in negotiations for a beautiful Japnese-made Tokai Love Rock single cut.

There's a great shop in Houston called Fuller's Vintage Guitars, just off the I-10, opposite the Astrodome.

Fuller's Vintage Guitar - Welcome to Fullers Vintage Guitar

There's also a Guitar Centre where I bought a Grestch for a great price, but the place is staffed by clowns and unless your mate really knows what he is doing I would urge caution. Fullers Vintage are straight up guys though.

Bear in mind that if he is taking it back himself he MAY be able to get through Customs without paying duty, but he might get stung. Also, although I have been lucky when importing guitars and been allowed to take them on as hand luggage, they could just as easily have made me place them in the hold and there would have been a decent chance of them getting smashed up by baggage handlers. :down:

There's a great shop in Houston called Fuller's Vintage Guitars, just off the I-10, opposite the Astrodome.

Fuller's Vintage Guitar - Welcome to Fullers Vintage Guitar

There's also a Guitar Centre where I bought a Grestch for a great price, but the place is staffed by clowns and unless your mate really knows what he is doing I would urge caution. Fullers Vintage are straight up guys though.

Bear in mind that if he is taking it back himself he MAY be able to get through Customs without paying duty, but he might get stung. Also, although I have been lucky when importing guitars and been allowed to take them on as hand luggage, they could just as easily have made me place them in the hold and there would have been a decent chance of them getting smashed up by baggage handlers. :down:

Good advice as always :up:

First there was the Barbarians Hordes then Hitlers Stormtroopers and then came the Baggage Handlers. Cunts to a man.

Call my buddy Nick, he'll get you sorted: Nicks Guitars

He's got at least one Les Paul in stock that might do the trick. If not, Gbase - Home is the on-line inventory of the vintage dealers in the US, most ship internationally. Or you can have it FedEx'ed to the depot in houston for pickup and have your friend pick it up there.

I've been to Fullers, didn't find them very nice to deal with. Might have been a bad day, but if people are shitty to me I take my cash and walk.

u cant take guitars on planes n e more, you have to put it through as luggage, i did this with my 7 string i got in houston and the flight case i had got with it protected it beautifully.

Actually, when I flew a few weeks ago the only way you could take 2 bits of hand baggage on board was if 1 (one) was a musical instrument in its case with only the required accessories. So on I went with a guitar in one hand and my backpack over my shoulder. No argument from anyone at security.

Dig deep in the Airline websites and you'll find the exception page. Print that page to carry with you in case you need it. But the folks at the xray amachine know the regs. It's the idjits at the ticket counter you need to convince.

This is from BA's web site, it's not their rules, these are government regs about airline travel in the UK

Hand baggage

You may take a musical instrument on board as hand baggage as long as the item is guitar sized or smaller.