aberdeen-music

Some news regarding myself and Kartta

framheim

Hello folks, Dave here.

I have some sad news to announce. Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, I am leaving Kartta. My last gig will be at Moshulu supporting the Twilight Sad which should be an awesome way to go out.

Since we started the band a couple of years ago we've had a great time and I've enjoyed almost every minute of it. I am particularly proud of some of the songs we've written and the reaction of the audiences. The gig that sticks out the most was the recent one with Katerwaul, Greater the Shadow and Fault and Fracture. Great atmosphere and people actually dancing and having a great time to our songs.

The main crux of the matter is simply priorities and mine aren't the band. I'm getting married later this year and I'm the only member of the band who has a career as such which has been quite restrictive for opportunities to play out of town. It's clear the rest of Kartta feel that they have the potential to move forward and have a career as Kartta, whereas I simply can't commit to that level of work. Kartta was always a hobby for me and it's not fair to hold the rest of the group back.

I'm leaving on the best of terms with the guys and will continue to support them and hopefully collaborate in other areas.

Thanks for all the support and kind words over the years and if anyones interested in what keeps me so busy check out David Officer Photography

Ta min!

Dave Kartta

Guest Steven Dedalus
it's not bad, i remember a number of ex-one up employees from back in the day were quite taken by the john craven news explosion as a band name.

You are not wrong!

That was one of those bands that should have been...

Guest Steven Dedalus

The ones me and Shane put on the Karrta myspace page could possibly be my greatest achievment.

"Goering's Bag"

How could you not like that?

Or me and Rob's Steve Reich themed project: "Fourth reich."

Actually, he didn't like that one, now that I come to think about it.

So, anyway, is this the last we'll see of the Officer on the musical stage? Is it a complete blackout, or will you just end up doing what I'm doing, and just play for your own amusement, as something to do on an evening?

It'd be a shame for the music world, etc, etc.