aberdeen-music

[GIG] Hyena + Greater The Shadow + Valeo kid + everythingwesayisfact @ The Tunnels

waltz

Guest idol_wild
I insist that you come to this. Skint or otherwise.

Well I can't if I'm unable to pay the door tax. I have less than a pound to my name. Paid tomorrow, like. But that's not much use for tonight! :swearing:

I'll see if I can scam 4 off someone.

i had an awesome time last night in my humble opinion.and a thanks to everyone who stayed till the bitter end! im sure my bandmates would agree that we all enjoyed the night.. Everything we say is fact were pretty interesting i thought, and it was great to see the support they got from their fans! maybe not to everyone's taste but some nice ideas in their sound for such young 'uns... was expecting some vocals as i think the guitarist had the personality to pull it off.

Greater the shaddow were their usual lovely selves and generally kicked arse again.embarrasingly good. i really got into Hyena's set last night and cheers for treating us to so many new ones (Nausea? and nina/Mike? iirc) were really really great.looking forward to hearing the new ones on CD soon too boys! Katerwaul? well i had fun but its not for me to say how it came across, hope those who heard it enjoyed it.

ta ta

Nick.

Guest idol_wild

I'm glad I scraped the funds together to attend. I think I was the oldest person there.

everythingwesayisfact - I quite liked what they were doing. I could easily be patronising and suggest that they'll be wicked in 3 years time. They need vocals and a bassist, in my opinion. Just to fill out the sound and get at least a little bit of melody in there. Thing is, if they were in their mid-twenties and from New York, doing exactly what they are doing now, they'd be hailed as the next art-punk Demi-gods.

Greater The Shadow - They are unquestionabley post-rock, but I like how they fill out the quieter moments with keyboards and electronic wooshes. Gives it an M83 sort of feel. They clearly have a huge love for early Explosions In The Sky stuff, but they do what they do very well.

Hyena - They had a good off-kilter groove about them. I quite liked them, though they were far from remarkable.

Katerwaul - One of my favourite Aberdeen bands. They get sneered at quite a bit, for no apparent reason it would seem. But I have seen very few bands who are genuinely as talented and able on their instruments as Katerwaul. There are times when I absolutely crave music to be epic - and Katerwaul deliver. Yet they have delicacy and darkness in equal measures. I like.

Katerwaul - One of my favourite Aberdeen bands. They get sneered at quite a bit, for no apparent reason it would seem. But I have seen very few bands who are genuinely as talented and able on their instruments as Katerwaul. There are times when I absolutely crave music to be epic - and Katerwaul deliver. Yet they have delicacy and darkness in equal measures. I like.

Yeah, I don't quite get this either. Genuinely exciting and very talented band. They get it right every single time. It's been a pleasure to have played with them on so many occasions. Didn't get to see them on Thursday unfortunately but I'm sure it was spot on again. :up:

Was a good night.