aberdeen-music

new SC3 lp out soon...

lepeep

I can't remember if I posted this a while back !

anyway, trey and friends have got a new Secret Chiefs 3 LP coming out soon (18th May)

-----------

I can't wait to hear this...I tried pre ordering it, but theey don't take Amex..bah !

Secret Chiefs 3 - Book of Horizons - CD

The long-awaited new SC3 album, Book of Horizons. This is a preorder for a mid-May release; domestic orders should receive it on or around May 18, 2004.

Less a band and more a huge ensemble comprised of several temporary bands...

The brainchild of obsessive composer/producer Trey Spruance (Mr. Bungle), Book of Horizons boasts years of work, orchestral-scale compositions, huge laborious production, with intricate counterpoint as well as beautiful, simple monophonic texturings, tons and tons of instruments from all over the world, and the corresponding musicians who go with them. These include Eyvind Kang, (composer, viola/violinist, plays w/everyone from Sun City Girls and Dr. N. Rajam), Danny Heifetz (Dieselhed, Mr. Bungle), Shazad Ismaily (Nels Cline, Barbez, Brian Eno, Air, Elysian Fields), William Winant (literally everyone, Xenakis, Sonic Youth, Yo Yo Ma), Phil Franklin (Barbara Manning, Sunburned Hand of the Man), John Merriman (Cephalic Carnage), Ches Smith (Theory of Ruin, Good For Cows), Unhuman, Ursula Knudesen and her magic bowed saw, the talented lads from Estradasphere, and a lot LOT more.