aberdeen-music

Loop pedals - advice?

Guest idol_wild

I've used 2...

For ease of use...Headrush (but it only does short loops)

For longer loops/storing loops on a memory card the JamMan is fine.

Both 'layer' no problem...the headrush will only take you back to the 1st loop if you make a mistake...the JamMan allows you to erase the most recent layer (but won't allow you to go back to the very 1st one, after a few).

Probably a dearer one, like the Line 6 one would allow you more choices (I think it also does 'backwards' loops)...but it's pricey.

I use the headrush a lot, advantage there is that you have brilliant Delay/Echo/Loop settings, the delay and echo have several out jacks too for stereo or perhaps even surround;)

Disadvantage is that you can only use one 'pedal' at a time i.e. no echo when looping. I'm not too fussed about the length of the loops to be honest. I use it quite a lot for all the stuff I do really.

What I would have liked is a pedal where I can take out loops i.e. have 6 layers and then take out number 3, 4, and 5 for instance. Can't do that with the jamman or the headrush.

But overall I'm really happy with the headrush and won't tell you not to buy it.

Guest idol_wild

For longer loops/storing loops on a memory card the JamMan is fine.

Is this the Digitech one? I'm a bit of a Digitecg fan actually.

I'd like one that can store pre-recorded loops for entire songs, because if I ever come to play my tunes live, I'd like to be able to just tap a pedal and for the background loop to start and then I can sing and play guitar over it.

Silly question, perhaps, but can you record and store percussion tracks on it?

• 1 month later...

From Thomman it is worth about 230 new with the extra footswitch - which you need to switch between loops - very handy. I only used it once live using loops I had edited in Cooledit then uploaded to the jamman via the USB port - then you can overdub live with guitar, vocals ect.. It's a great gizmo. I did find it all very hard work preparing for the gig - I prefer just to play live with other musos - but if you prefer to be solo - it's ideal - and once you've worked out a set - you're laughing.

I'd sell it for 170 - including the extra footswitch - it's got the power supply (which incidently comes as standard with a european mains plug - I adapted it for UK mains), instruction manual - box etc.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...