aberdeen-music

Cool stuff to do in year abroad?

Bodast

Guest bluesxman
Maybe I should spend the year trying to define cool with the ultimate aim of publishing a coffee table book of 'cool' pictures. "Fat and Beardy" by Steven Dedalus on the front cover. :up:

Don't forget to include his avatar pic, 'Ned Flanders is alive and well and living in Belfast'.

I think you could become fluent in czech by staying here and getting a job in one of aberdeens many night clubs, polish, slovakian or lithuanian too:up:

Hey that's true! I always try to speak Czech to people here and there, I had a long conversation with a bouncer at Snafu once, and Petra at the Tunnels lent me some Czech books, but otherwise a lot of them are kind of busy working and don't want to talk to me... plus their English is so good it's easier to default to that. That's why it's good going to north Bohemia because people's second language is German which I can hardly speak at all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to france, i cannot recommend grenoble enough. I spent a year there and loved every minute. If you're interested in snow or mountain sports its one of the best places to be in the world. No more than two hours from all the good resorts. Prime location to go anywhere in europe too. A short train ride can get you to the cote d'azure, geneva, turin. Also, lyon, which has an amazing electronic music scene (high tone, ezekiel, duracell) is only an hour away. Workwise, there are loads of events round the area in winter like snowboard competitions and festivals, and they always need staff. The place really comes to life during the ski season.