aberdeen-music

Describe Point of Origin

Guest Bob

Guest Bob

This is a thread for people who've seen Point this year or more specifically at one of our last three gigs. (Since Dan joined) For those of you who're not sure which gigs those are, that means at Drummonds with Right Turn Clyde, Kef with 4ft Fingers or Moshulu with Dopamine.

Basically I just want a bit of feedback to see what people think we sound like. If you gave a short description and listed a few similar artists that would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Bob.

Originally posted by Aaron Gilman:

i like the harmonies a lot, im not keen on ryan's snarly bits

Cheers man, although handy, I'm not really looking for constructive criticism - more of a straight forward description.

Originally posted by Jason:

honest pop punk that will have you singing alone.

some similarities with SR-71 maybe.

That's the stuff!

Originally posted by Aaron Gilman:

i think jason means singing along? cos singing alone impiles you'll be the only person enjoying them???

Yeah, but it was an amusing typo.

Guest highroller

well you do have a right upto the minute pop punk sound...i like that...alot of bands out there havent progressed so you just get a glut of bands that still sound like enema era blink....you guys have moved on and progressed without totally changfing which i think the same can be said for quik...it still sounds like us but new influences and maturity have been brought into the fold...ame as you guys....

comprende?