aberdeen-music

Tabbing Songs

Guest Scott 5FD

Guest Scott 5FD

how does one go about tabbing a song?

ive only been playing 9 months, so maybe i havent developed my ear yet, but i find it quite hard to figure out a song on my own. does anyone have any advice or tips, or will i have to keep waiting to see if sumone submits the tab i want to mxtabs?

scott :punk:

Guest Scott 5FD
Originally posted by airport tiger

every song you could ever want has tab on the internet. just search on google for it. never fails.

tis not true!

im wanting the tab for 'Skate To Hell' by Gang Green but its not available anywhere on the net.

scott :punk:

Guest pop-notmyface

i would just totally focus on what youre listening. if you want to figure out the bassline, listen to it until you can clearly follow the bassline, or guitar parts. and then sorta take it from there.

what also helps is uploading the song onto an mp3 player and set the equaliser so that you block out the vocals and the bassline. and maybe upload it into a music editing program and just select the bit you want to figure out and save it as a seperate file and listen to it until youve figured it out and go on to the next bit.

listening to the key signature is not a very good idea, cos its easy to figure out with rennaissance and baroque music, but not contemporary stuff.

its also good to know the playing style of the group youre tabbing, that way you will know what chords, fingering ect. they use/wont use.

also, listen to the tones of the notes, cos a guitar (well a strat) has only about 41 semitones, and the equivilant notes have the same tonalitiy but the tones usually sound slightly thicker or thinner if you get me.

thats it really :)