aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
lateralus

Question bout capt. toms

Hey everyone dont know if anyone can answer a wee question for me?

Ive heard that capt. toms are selling off some of them amps (or just cabinets) at quite a cheap price can anyone tell me if theres any truth to this???

Thanks again :)

Guest DustyDeviada

Dunno about that, but I bought an amp off Tom a few years back and he was very cool to deal with.

If it's the laney's they're selling, I believe I'll pass. :down:

Yeah they have old cabs for sale. Some have speakers in them, some don't.

Do you know how much they charge for these?? are they in decent working condition etc??

Dunno about that, but I bought an amp off Tom a few years back and he was very cool to deal with.

If it's the laney's they're selling, I believe I'll pass. :down:

Agreed.

I took my Trilogy head there the other week and used one of the Laney 4x12's - and it sounded utter gash.

If I had run the lead straight into a big bucket of shite, I would have got a better sound.

Guest DustyDeviada
If I had run the lead straight into a big bucket of shite, I would have got a better sound.

Is it a valve bucket or solid state?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

god dammit, when is captain tom gonna invest in a phone line so that people can call his studio instead of raising threads on aberdeen music asking questions about his business? i mean come on, it's surely a beneficial step for any business to take. hurry up tom!

god dammit, when is captain tom gonna invest in a phone line so that people can call his studio instead of raising threads on aberdeen music asking questions about his business? i mean come on, it's surely a beneficial step for any business to take. hurry up tom!

lol, Tam's phobia regarding people asking questions strikes again:laughing:

Cabs With Speakers 10

Cabs without 5

or if you like you can take them away as we dont want them

exact words

I got a wem cab with speakers for a fiver A WEM ABLODDY WEM WANTED ONE ALL MY LIFE AND IT STILL WORKS

and i got a bass cab empty for a fiver

but if anyone wwants a free bas cab come pick it up and its urs

not sure he only had a few left when i was there the most he would charge is a tenner anyway so even if he dont give u it its only a tenner