aberdeen-music

The Martha Dumptruck Massacre, Masamune, Xs Relocat, Fri 21st May

Dizzy Storm

New York's fantastic MDM return to Europe this spring and will be including Dr Drakes in their tour schedule! yay! some of you may have seen them last year with Casiotone For The Painfully Alone....here's a bit of info anyway...

The Martha Dumptruck Massacre. A group of bored, suburban, sensitive, slighty off kids who like loud music and annoying tones. The name comes from the 80's motion picture 'Heathers' (Wynonna Rider, Christian Slater). Martha Dumptruck(Dunnstock) was the outcast, fat girl. That's somewhat of an insight into the bands mind. The band draws alot of influence from films and literature. Not the usual suspects though. No Shakespear. They lean more towards Bukowski or children's books.

Sonicly, the band draws from the likes of The Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth and various strange noises they hear in their heads. But underneath the harsh feedback, distortion and noise lies....Pop songs!! Truly catchy songs that will get stuck in your head. From 50's bubblegum to early 90's alterna-pop and all stops inbetween.

The Martha Dumptruck Massacre, MDM for short, is not your standard Modern rock band, yet at the same time they are not your average noise-rock band. They sit in the beautiful valley that rests between the two extremes. MDM is pushing the envelope of the not yet exploited noise-pop genre www.themarthadumptruckmassacre.com

tonight will also be the return of the mighty mighty MASAMUNE!!! woop! cant wait...

also the brilliant XS RELOCAT...complete with new singer...

DOORS 8PM

If you like the drums louder than John Bonham, and faster than a stoat at a picnic, XS RELOCAT are the band for you,if you like NAMBY PAMBY SHITE you had better give us a miss,or at least wear ear defenders.

Masamune are a wee bit like Trail of Dead,he he he can't wait.

It may be 9 months,but it seems like last week.

I go to see heaps of bands and Masamune are one of the few I would recomend .

Others are Maple REAL SHOCKS Karloff the x certs .

Mercury tilt switch and Deadloss Superstar are worth a look tae but nae worth 10 as the first 4 are ,

mair like 7.50 and 4.00 tops if I'm in a good mood,he he he good old Deadloss,he he he

More correctly Lawy Lawson: 'Shakespeare' is only the modern, accepted scholarly spelling of the name. Although this appears to be the most common way of spelling the playwright's name in surviving contemporaneous documentation, the spelling of even proper names in the Elizabethan and Jacobean period was not subject to hard and fast inflexible rules as it is nowadays. Thus spellings such as 'Shakespear', 'Shakespere' and even 'Shaxspere' were used to signify the Bard in different texts and should not be discounted.

Drakes were clearly just challenging the existing scholarly canon, those crazy goddam motherfuckers.

Oops sory Plato I never noticed it was you,and I promised myself to stop heckling too,DOH!but feel free to come along and call me the talentless piece of shite that I am!.

By the way folks,go to see King Liar and The Brutes,they are the most entertaining and memorable band I have seen in quite a while.

Originally posted by Plato the Greek:

More correctly Lawy Lawson: 'Shakespeare' is only the modern, accepted scholarly spelling of the name. Although this appears to be the most common way of spelling the playwright's name in surviving contemporaneous documentation, the spelling of even proper names in the Elizabethan and Jacobean period was not subject to hard and fast inflexible rules as it is nowadays. Thus spellings such as 'Shakespear', 'Shakespere' and even 'Shaxspere' were used to signify the Bard in different texts and should not be discounted.

Drakes were clearly just challenging the existing scholarly canon, those crazy goddam motherfuckers.

That's actully pretty intresting. Cheers.

Originally posted by Biz:

Oops sory Plato I never noticed it was you,and I promised myself to stop heckling too,DOH!but feel free to come along and call me the talentless piece of shite that I am!.

By the way folks,go to see King Liar and The Brutes,they are the most entertaining and memorable band I have seen in quite a while.

I do plan on attending this gig. It looks very interesting and I've never seen any of the bands on the bill.

As to Shakespeare: I had to do a uni presentation on names and spelling in early modern literature and this caught my eye, hence the cut n' paste action and the ridiculously inflated register of essay-speak.

just to let everyone know, MDM, this time, will just consist of Joel doing an acoustic show. it turns out that the other 2 members are 'finishing school' over in the states and weren't able to come to the UK. he tried to get a band together with his friends over here but to no avail.....

he promises to put on a good show anyway - and im sure it'll be a top night all round

entry 3.50