aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
lynne

[GIG] Pigeon Detectives @ The Lemon Tree

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get upgraded to the Music Hall. They're going to get pretty big pretty soon.

So does anyone fancy explaining how the Pigeon Detectives only manage to fill the Lemon Tree, whereas the Enemy (seems fair enough to compare the two) somehow try to fill the Music Hall??

So does anyone fancy explaining how the Pigeon Detectives only manage to fill the Lemon Tree, whereas the Enemy (seems fair enough to compare the two) somehow try to fill the Music Hall??

My theory is that whoever booked The Enemy knew that their fanbase has a large percentage of neds, casuals and general scumbags, certainly enough to fill the Music Hall with (see also; The Twang), whereas the Pigeon Detectives are more in the riding-on-the-Libertines-coattails camp, which is a market composed mainly of students.

I reckon Pigeon Detectives will do well enough over the festival season to see their profile enhanced further, though. Unless there's a Music Hall gig on the same day, they could probably upgrade it without too much hassle.