aberdeen-music

Guitar lessons or learn yourself??

Hog

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Electric Tibet
Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

Lawy's right, though....nowadays I'm limited in what I can do, and I'm not proud about that.

(note to self: buy another copy of Bert Weedon's "Play Guitar the easy way")

:D

I learned to play from this

on one of these

The only lesson I've ever had was when Dave Dixon showed me how to play Johnny B. Goode. I suppose all the Hendrix and Sonic Youth videos helped as well.

my brother showed me a few chords and i went from there. entirely self taught appart from that. i like trying to recreate sounds i hear on cd and in other bands. i think it forces you to be more inventive if you're self taught. if you have guitar lesson's you can get too caught up in the technique side of things. i like to challenge myself as a guitarist though, i think it helps me find new way's of expressing myself if i know a few more chord shapes and scales. i just work them out as i go though, trial and error. i get a better sense of acheivment out of it that way, it's the only thing i've stuck at for a long period of time that's maintained my interest, and i think that's part of the reason why.