aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
emergency72

Anyone know where I can get hold of a free skip?

I have a considerable amount of garbage to dispose of, the weekly council pick up runs don't quite fit my needs and I now share my flat with 100s of black bags which stink. How can I get rid of these easily? Anyone know of any companies that can provide a free skip or something similar? Please help, I am starting to smell.

I have a considerable amount of garbage to dispose of, the weekly council pick up runs don't quite fit my needs and I now share my flat with 100s of black bags which stink. How can I get rid of these easily? Anyone know of any companies that can provide a free skip or something similar? Please help, I am starting to smell.

Do you have a car?

You have two choices.

1) Transport the rubbish to a public dump. There may be restriction on household waste – a lot won’t take it at all.

2) Hire a skip. This will cost you - I have a figure of 100 in my head but I might be wrong. I’ve never heard of free skip hire and removal.

No I am a poor man. I can't afford 100 either.

Does anyone want some free garbage?

;(

You can call the council's Environmental Division (01224 855552 - I think) and arrange a special collection. It'll be a lot less than 100.

You could hire a van for less than a skip. Then do shuttle runs to the dump.

This is how we cleared our garden sheds of the decades of crap that had accumulated.

Other problem with skips is as soon as your street see it they'll probably start dumping their crap in it.

I know someone who rented a skip to put stuff in it the next day and by morning it was full - nothing in it was his. :p

Welcome to Morrow Skip Hire.

Skip heroes. Mine was about 60. Pretty decent. Maybe you could hire one, then shamelessly go round your neighbours charging them a fiver to chuck some stuff on...

Alternatively, you could take the illegal approach and drive them to an abandoned alley in the middle of some black, black night and dump them.