aberdeen-music

Bruce Gatsby Dead

Weirzbowski

Originally posted by Weirzbowski:

I have just heard Bruce Gatsby is dead. Is this some kind of sick joke? Apparently he was involved in a helicopter accident in London over the weekend.

Is this the truth, or is this a sick fucking joke?

I probably shouldn't talk about this on the internet, but I do know that Bruce Gatsby recently jumped bail, as he has been spotted (by Ash Karloff no less) sleazing around in Whitby. I hope and pray that the law didn't catch up with him, as I can quite envisage him hastily taking off in his chopper should the fuzz threaten him with any heat- in which case a 'copter smash wouldn't be out of the question.

But bear in mind: he has faked his own death on more than one occasion, and those plagued by Gatsby's unsolicited-sex-o-phile-phone-calls haven't reported any let-up since this incident is alledged to have taken place.

I trust the Donside empire is safe.

Thankfully just a 'joke', if you can call it that. Saw him today in The Tipping Hatter. He is fine and has grown a beard! He was in a helicopter when he was down in London but it did not crash. This was a load of nonsense spouted by a guy from Beast Wing onstage at a gig on Friday night when they played with The Fabulous Moors and it was somehow mutated like Chinese Whispers.

And maybe he has had brushes with the law in the past but nowadays he is a totally changed man. You guys really should get off his back cos he's doing good things.

In other news: he is reportedly in talks to get Clifford Buchan and The Sectarians recording for Donside again. This would be their first material since the 'Gamblin' with my Guitar EP' in 1997. This would be fucking great.

Was that the gig where Anthony did a duet of "Not In My Backyard" with Johnny Foreigner from The Accents?

By the way: Gatsby is not dead. I just got off the phone to him, and he seems reasonably sound in both body and mind. He tells me he wants to sign Donnie Corporate-America and the Art-Fags, he says they are going to be the next big thing.

I think Gatsby needs to check himself before he wrecks himself to be honest. He shouldn't be signing any more bands until some of the stars on his violently impressive roster get down to some serious recording.

The word is The Beast Wing plan on releasing their "Evolution of Pain" EP in time for the summer. Unfortunately, the Brand New Bastards "Brain Meal" single will probably be delayed while they acquire a full-time bassist. If anyone fancies this they should fire an e-mail off to Gatsby himself. He'll pass it on, don't worry.