aberdeen-music

GONGA - stoners unite! for fans of Kyuss etc.

sex pest sidca

Just thought Id recommend Gonga to anyone who likes their rock stoned and their riffs low end and heavy! Obvious comparisons to the likes of Kyuss, Sabbath, etc etc. so if that stuff floats yer boat (which it should) then check them out!! Live tracks are available from their website at the moment - www.gonga.co.uk, in the gigs section which also appears to have a date at Kef listed for the start of May!

DUDE!, AWESOME!!, RAD!!!, FAR-OUT!!!! etc. etc.

We caught them at the Barfly in Glasgow last year and they're not to be missed.

Gonga can also be heard at each and every Valhella night by the way folks. Details below. You know it makes sense in a hazy kind of way.

i fucking hate pink floyd. shine on you crazy diamond is the dullest song ever. if i was stoned and someone put on pink floyd i'd consider punching them right between their little crossed eyes. kyuss on the other hand always hits the spot. give me low end riffage that i can nod my head to any day. although stuff like spacemen 3 is a doozy as well. personally any music is better than no music after a smoke but if i had to choose, i'd choose gonga and kyuss.

come down to valhella some time, you might surprise yourself. and of course go see gonga.

Guest haigyman

I FUCKING love gonga, and will most definitely be there, infact, finding out they're playing up here is the best news i've had....um....ever. (apart from last year at download when i heard about metallica)

Originally posted by thesultanofswing86:

as in the music is boring or its a cliche to listen to it?

The music is certainly not boring for me. Its some of the most spaced out music ever. Shine on you crazy diamond is the ultimate space epic, and i just find the music very appropriate for how i feel after some stonerage

both cliche and boring.

i know a good few people who never listen to pink floyd sober, but when stoned... a different matter. i find it very odd. it just seems like people think its the stoner thing to do... but why?

and the term "space epic" makes me laugh. i like that one.

How did this end up as a discussion about Pink Floyd? Jesus christ. Fuck Pink Floyd (apart from '67 UFO footage era) But yeah Pink Floyd... bah!

Gonga though, all you junkies who keep going on about being "toasted" and "stonerage" and stuff (whatever all that means) take a hit from your bong and give them a go at Kef on Fri 7th May, Im sure they won't disappoint!