aberdeen-music

Post pics of Your Squier guitars or basses (Squier appreciation thread)

citizens_X

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, im 21 and all my guitars have stickers on them! :finger:

i like the look on people's faces when their like "oh my god you'v wrecked that guitar" :D even tho it sounds and plays the same, just looks a bit differnet from the one in the shop!

I agree. Sound is where it's at really, unless your a collector. It's funny how people think a battered old relic of a guitar is cool, but when you put stickers on it, then it's naff. That's not to say I'm going to stick a Durex sticker to my LP, although it might be good for wanky guitar solos, or should I say wonky guitar solos in my case. I usually think Dusty has some good things to say, but on this occasion I think a little of the mark. Live and let Live:popcorn:

Guest DustyDeviada

Hey, just my opinion, if you think it's cool to put a Durex sticker on the front of your guitar then go for it, but personally I think it's about as cool as finding blood on your toilet paper.

Oh, and I don't like relics either, I prefer to "age" them myself, accidentally. :up:

Guest DustyDeviada

Oh, and I should withdraw my earlier comment, because I remembered that Emma Forman thinks it's a good idea to put stickers on her guitars, and she's 27 or something. But she's also a girl. ;)

Hey, just my opinion, if you think it's cool to put a Durex sticker on the front of your guitar then go for it, but personally I think it's about as cool as finding blood on your toilet paper.

Oh, and I don't like relics either, I prefer to "age" them myself, accidentally. :up:

Ooo! that would be bad, and that's my opinion also.

But I think you are getting mixed up with the relic thing. I wrote a "battered old relic", which nothing to do with what you are talking about .IE, a made to 'look' old one. My trusty mircosoft word program tells me that relic could be, historical object, artifact etc etc. Nothing to do with "age" either accidentally or on purpose. I am intrigued as to how you can accidentally age something. I understand that you can accidentally damage something, such as a car. But I cant remember the last time I heard someone say, I aged my car by bumping into that tree

All I was saying was, that some people thought it cool to have a battered old guitar (fair enough) some like their guitars looking like new even after 30 years (fair enough) some like to stick stickers on them (fair enough)

I happen to think the Squire in question has a certain something about it, and if the guy is happy with it. good for him. IMO:up:

Guest DustyDeviada

It was the term "relic" that threw me, Fender's call their artifically aged guitars the "relic" line:

Fender Products

They are good guitars, but personally I would prefer to have one built to the same specs but looking new and let it age naturally.

There's a huge market for it, lots of discussion on the Les Paul forum on how to get the laquer on a new Les Paul to crack, crazy stuff if you ask me, but whatever floats you boat. Although I will say, it looks better than a Durex sticker. ;)

And yes, the artificial ageing process invariably involves deliberately putting dings in a brand new guitar, but I prefer to let that happen accidentally over a number of years. :up:

As this is supposed to be a appreciation thread....I have a old battered Squire strat, it plays, and feels better than the 2 strat plus's's's's I used to own. I put emg's in it and it now sounds better to.

Just out of interest, what EMGs did you put in your strat Bri?

It was the term "relic" that threw me, Fender's call their artifically aged guitars the "relic" line:

Fender Products

They are good guitars, but personally I would prefer to have one built to the same specs but looking new and let it age naturally.

There's a huge market for it, lots of discussion on the Les Paul forum on how to get the laquer on a new Les Paul to crack, crazy stuff if you ask me, but whatever floats you boat. Although I will say, it looks better than a Durex sticker. ;)

And yes, the artificial ageing process invariably involves deliberately putting dings in a brand new guitar, but I prefer to let that happen accidentally over a number of years. :up:

The only ones I've seen worth looking at are Bravewood Guitars

Just out of interest, what EMGs did you put in your strat Bri?

Now you're asking. I can't really remember now, I think they were reviewed as maybe Gilmore type pickups. They are getting on a bit now I've had them 7years. They used to drive me mad because I bought them with a home made guitar. I liked the sound, but the battery went flat really quick (yes I took out the jack) this went on for ages. Then I took them and the Squire to the guy from Wizard Pickups to check them out. It came to light that the jack socket was only a 2way and it needed be a 3way?( Got it fixed and it sounds ace now.

BTW, check out Wizard Pickups...great pick ups and a nice guy (Andy) I put a set into the SG.

i know what you mean about "relics", why buy a new guitar that already has scratches and dents, you even get them with pre made fag burns and shit!! guitars are probably the only thing you can buy where the oldest and/or cosmetically damaged items are the most sought after!

cheers for the comments about the squire (good and bad), if it was a plain white strat with 3single coils i'd bet no one would give it a second look tho!! :laughing:

just to get back on topic:

my squire, although iv made a few "improvements", it stays in tune and sounds ace!

up until a few days ago it had a built in big muff clone distortion, tho iv took that out and made it into a pedal. its tuned to B just now but it'll stay in tune whatever its tuned to.

DSCF1180.jpg

DSCF1179.jpg

doobie, I think the stickers look awesome.:up: