• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its tonight

get on your bicycles & get on down to Dr Drakes

Doors 8pm Electric Tibet on 8.15pm SHARP

Kasule

Are from Albion Rovers country & are Interesting Music's most favourite NEW find, Their sound is diverse, melodic & challenging & fits the mood. To generalise their sound can be best related to Joy Division big chords; Ulrich Schnauss Slowdive, Elbow guitars; slow-faster-harder-louder type Spaceman 3, Mogwai; however this is only reference points to their unique sound. Their 1st LP Demonstaration, contains many moments of utter sublimeness. Kasule also wrote the soundtrack for an award winning film Black Coffee, which was voted most popular feature film @ The Australian AUSFEST 2002. Kasule's 2nd LP called VHOR is out in May & they will feature quite a few tracks from it as well as some of our old favs. This is kasule's 1st visit to Aberdeen & we hope it isn't their last......

Frog Pocket

Is a rising star on the Benbecula & Planet Mu labels. His live shows are a fantastic spectical as witnessed at last years Unknown Pleasures, where he literally wiped the floor. He is a man who looks like he should be fronting some lo-fi guitar band playing a mixture of insane gabba and folk reels. The best thing is that the Chris Morris rave works incredibly well with the live sound of Frog Pocket's violin. Even at his most extreme he still allows the listener to make out traditional folk melodies beneath the scree. If there was ever to be a Noughties remake of 'Restless Natives', Frog pocket would be the man to record the soundtrack. He often swings wildly from the ridiculous and berserk to the sublimely beautiful in the space of one song, The man is accessible & challenging, he will be 100% dynamite at Drakes.

Chevron

Hails from Blackpool & is a recent Plant Mu signing & his "in your face"

live shows are earning him a great reputation. Here is a review of his last single; "Devastating goodness from Lancashires Chevron on the Mu, Swimming Lessons on the A-side unleashes chopped-up stuttering chords and IDM templates offset by a harrowing dubcore echo of reflectve vocalising pressured deep into a squashed beat mix. Killer. I Remember on the flip taps into the hardcore juice awesome destroyed production and metallic twists lock into oldskool vibes reduced into something altogether new. Mighty mighty stuff". His 1st LP is out later this year & is keenly awaited.

Electric Tibet

Are one of Aberdeen's most innovative four piece bands; influences range from Eric Satie to Sonic Youth & lots in between. Their live shows can be full-on in your face wallofsound, or a very much improvised slow sets with lots of space, like the magnificent show they performed with & supporting The Microphones last year.

Tonight they will be.......................

"To comfort the afflicted & afflict the comfortable"

Their clothes are faded but their souls are black - Electric Tibet

Just like to say a BIG thanks to all at Dr Drakes and Interesting Music ( Graeme and Mike) for making Sat night such a great and memorable gig for us.. (kasule) ... We had such a fantastic reception and were completely humbled....

Its by far the best atmosphere we've played in .. the sound was great ... great crowd.. and 3 other great bands ( Electric Tibet were awsome !) pity our backing track decided to pack in on the last song .. but hope everyone enjoyed the set. It was also fantastic to see our backing video for once !

Cheers once again.. hopefully we can come back next year for the Albion Rovers promotion tour....

tee kasule

Cheers for that - very much enjoyed the 3 acts I saw on Saturday. I missed E Tibet, but liked the laptopism of Chevron, the electrofolktronica of Frog Pocket and the post punk sountrack of Kasule.

Perfect night for a fiver ! Pretty good turnout as well...

Dave

Yeah!. Thanks always nice to get feedback from the bands (I'm Jim. The bald chap with the funny little beard). Thought the whole night was something special. Although I had to duck out for an hour. Bit of a surreal day what with metal bands in the the afternoon then the wonderful Interesting Music night. I too though that the sound was fab for the whole affair. ET Blew me away and Kasule... Well... what can I say. I was moved. FANTASTIC. Sorry I didn't hit the fader quick enough on the last track... Fab night all round!!! will stay with me for a while and I see much bandness.

Jim