aberdeen-music

Help needed regarding ABY boxes

HateEvent

Oh dear, alot to answer to here. I'll do my best!...

so it's going to be left to me...really...no-one else is gonna say it...?

is there really any need to have 2 hi-quality amps at the same gig at the moorings or whereever?

i understand you might want different sounds for different songs, but c ome on! you're not actually dimebag darrel...surely this powerball thing (i read up, they're expensive, meaning probably relatively good) should be able to satisfy both/all your tone needs?

if you were palying massive arenas and needed different sounds for certain solos to carry to the back of the hall or whatever then fine, but i don't think youy're at that level, are you? (please correct me if i'm mistaken!!!)

I am very passionate about my music and playing and the likes. The flexibility of more than one amp head would be good for recording purposes aswell as live situations. If I wasn't "needing" both live, Hog could use the one that I'm not using. :up:

I know I'm not actually Dime, I don't recall saying I was? However, I want a solid state head and Randall has been my greatest experience with regards to this. It also means that by having a sold state head, I can use it for home use and not worry about depleting the life of the valves in the ENGL from home practice.

The Powerball indeed IS expensive and of course is very good - I wouldn't have it if it wasn't ;) - but am I not allowed versatility? The Randall will give me tones the Powerball simply can't. It's a different beast, gives me more scope for various sounds.

Hog has numerous cameras, he doesn't get riled for it! I feel I can do as I see fit with my earnings, be it buy many guitars or invest in another amp! :up:

No I'm not in the place to be playing massive arenas (yet :D) but I don't see why I need to be to be 'allowed' to buy something I want. :)

Where the fuck do you get the money to constantly buy thousands of pounds' worth of gear?!

I sell pictures of Hog on eBay. The Chinese Domestic Market sees him as some sort of a God - lots of people in China so... :up:

he's a 'metaller' so he saves money on non-essential things like cleaning products.

:laughing:

nothing wrong in using 2 amps at the same time, You can blend sounds or have one amp set for rhythm and another for lead or one for clean sounds.

Comes down to personal taste and just cos someone wants to use 2 amps aint breaking an unwritten rule!

I use a 5150 for leads and a Deizel Herbert for Rhythm through separate cabs

I'm intrigued to see how the blend comes out when mixing the ENGL and Randall (when I get one). If it doesn't "do it" then I can always use them for - as you said - rhythm and lead or whatever. Recording is also an aspect I'm taking into great consideration too!

just seems like pointless overkill in "angel of death's" situaiton, thats all

Which "situation" would this be? ?(

From my initial post(s), the assumption was made that my sole intention was for live use. For all anyone knows, it could have solely been aimed towards recording purposes.

your man angel of death only has one speaker cabinet though...so can only use one head a time...

thus my thinking it's pointless...

There are products available allowing me to run two heads through one speaker cabinet dude! The whole point of this thread was to see if anyone knew WHERE I could find one. That has since been shown before you made your first contribution to the thread.

Therefore - not pointless at all!

Me and AOD collect gear

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

You still don't have a Dean or ENGL though Paul - poor show :D

Phew!