aberdeen-music

Soul Doubt - I Wish I Want MP3 Give us your opinion!!

Danny Doubt

Good recording. The band sounds good- timing sounds a wee bit off near the start of the quiet bit. After that it sounds tight enough.The singing is a bit whingey(?) but much better on the loud bit. Guitars sound a wee bit scratchy on the loud bit though. I'm hearing a few different influences in there but adds up to an original enough sound. Don't get me wrong- I like it, well played and a good recording. Lots of people downloading it so there must be a fair bit of interest in Soul Doubt out there. Well done.

kool cheers, yeh we recorded it last summer as a demo at captain tom's. we had only done a few gigs an we wanted to get summin down to see how we sounded. We didnt hav much time in the studio so it was a wee bit rushed and the timing yeh its off i agree but we were pushing it to try an get the songs we wanted down in the time we could afford.

So my singing is whingey...hmm still better than busteds vocals!

As for boring it is quite set in its ways verse/verse/chorus an so on.

The riff well thats probs the best riff i have ever written as yet.

Come an see us live an i can assure u it's not boring.

cheers anyway,

Danny.

p.s. feel free to comment. come on i know ppl are dying to say we're pish.

Indeed Neil Kidd is in the band an he was in 'the band' before Andy asked him to help out MDL, so :p!

Yeh indeed he is also a very gd technically gifted guitarist, i shall be looking forward to the rendition of the Perry Mason solo 2morro nite at Fishstock 04'. BUT he does piss me off slightly when he never shuts up during rehearsals! I love you really neil!

peace,

Danny.

p.s. download at home if u hav a comp, or better still i will giv u a cd wen i eventually get one done! :)

hmm i see ur point but it's just a name not meant to be taken literally.

Oh an as for Sorrow 'LostInParadise' i would tread very carefully their seeing as ur technically in breach of copyright...But we the guys in the band are not twats so we have not said anything about u pretty much playing the original song, but changing the name, very clever.

And it's not pop-ish its melodic rock.

i think its no bad....recordings a bit shabby, but this version of it is ten times better than the original that danny let me hear.....the "i wish, i want" refrain kinda sticks in my head......if this had been recorded a bit better it would do it a lot more justice.

well done all the same!

Well...

Lyrics - pretty uninspiring

Vocals - Not *that* whingey, asides in the chorus...then they are really rather whingey.

Backing vocals - pretty decent.

Guitar work - pretty good, pretty solid rift. Not suprised if Neil is involved.

Bass - pretty steady, good work.

Drums - The timing is a bit slack at times, but seems good enough.

It seems like a decent enough sound... especially the guitar work, vocally pretty uninspiring but it's something that could be changed pretty easily.

All the best.

Hey man... ok heres what I think...

The song is pretty good, the mellow bit vocally is a wee bit out of tune. The chorus is brilliant and the vocals are way better then. Its a solid song but you can here that its been a bit of a rush job. Plenty potential there though man.

Hope that helps a bit

Hog