aberdeen-music

New Explosions In The Sky track...

Alkaline

• 4 weeks later...
i've been distracted by the new do make say think album leaking. it's beautiful.

I like both, but they're both being overshadowed by Caribou, Ben Harper, Coldcut and The Herbaliser. I'm not over listening to either the EiTS or DMST albums until they get their proper releases. I did spin the EiTS for a whole day at work though and it was really nice.

I've not heard much Tristeza stuff, but i will say that i like The Album Leaf so i guess it wouldn't be too hard a stretch for me to at least like their pre-La Velle departure stuff.

I think EiTS will experience a 'post-rock' backlash from the purists with this release, which will be totally unfounded. It's a pity that when a band becomes popular/revered within their genre they automatically become the fall guys and it becomes totally uncool to like them.

dunno like,

that kinda happened already when they toured last november and released the tour cd (the rescue< which i love!)

explosions have been big for a good 2/3/4 years now

i simply think that the record at first sounded sweet, but having listened to it more, it doesnt quite have the depth that the previous stuff has. i can still go back and listen to cold dea dplace and it sends shivers down my spine. it probably is my favourite album of all time.

so i suppose its more of a high standards to live up to thing, rather than a musos being cool thing.

saying that though...

when i was listening to the new album it reminded me of the emery reel, so i had a listen to "for and acted upon through diversions" and tbh i always thought it was an average record with no depth, but i look at it more fondly now than i ever have

dunno like,

that kinda happened already when they toured last november and released the tour cd (the rescue< which i love!)

explosions have been big for a good 2/3/4 years now

i simply think that the record at first sounded sweet, but having listened to it more, it doesnt quite have the depth that the previous stuff has. i can still go back and listen to cold dea dplace and it sends shivers down my spine. it probably is my favourite album of all time.

so i suppose its more of a high standards to live up to thing, rather than a musos being cool thing.

saying that though...

when i was listening to the new album it reminded me of the emery reel, so i had a listen to "for and acted upon through diversions" and tbh i always thought it was an average record with no depth, but i look at it more fondly now than i ever have

I wasn't meaning you guys in particular, it was just a general comment.

Guest idol_wild

The new Explosions album is modern day post-rock by numbers, but fuck me, it's fucking brilliant! The first track is a beast of a composition.

I'll certainly be buying this bad boy.