aberdeen-music

I Need a new job!!!!

ousydecipher

i am a mechanic/gaffer and i am fed up tryin to teach "qualified" mechanics what to do especially when i am not a time served mechanic but what can you do plus i have to work outside regardless of the weather and i been doin it for 8 years now and i am gettin a bit fed up of the cold now

so anyone have any ideas yet?

i am a mechanic/gaffer and i am fed up tryin to teach "qualified" mechanics what to do especially when i am not a time served mechanic but what can you do plus i have to work outside regardless of the weather and i been doin it for 8 years now and i am gettin a bit fed up of the cold now

so anyone have any ideas yet?

Depends on timescales & money. I served my time as a panel beater, got fed up lying under cars welding in freezing January and sneezing zircon blue paint from spraying, so I went back to Uni, got a degree in Computer Science and now sit a nice warm office telling folk what to do (for 20 times the money - not kidding!).

Having said that, I was supported by my then girlfriend who was working and had no family at the time, so it was relatively easy for me, to take a few years out, although I worked at nights and weekends.

Like one of the posters here said, offshore might be an option, but given the critical lack of engineers, I'd suggest doing a course in mechanical engineering (night class, part-time or OU) then get yourself on a fast-track programme. Beats the shit out of the motor trade - I know I'd never go back.

The fact you're thinking about a carrer is a great step in the right direction.

Good luck.

Guest Neubeatz

Deffo good advice there from Diesel, :up:

I did the motor trade for 6 years, and then went offshore, did lots of different jobs there....

Then I went for further education, college at age 27 was great fun,:up:

Then I ran/owned a croft for years, then I went back to college again, if you can work a ratchet, you can get into further ed...:up:

well its funny college should be mentioned actually because i was disscussiing this with my partner trying to figure out a way i could get a degree and still manage to support 2 kids.......

but i am defo looking into it,and a warm office job does seem nice,

and i have been given a tip to become a bouncer/security gaurd which would be fine so i will follow up on all this good advice and will keep you guys posted on what i have decided

(hopefully my band will take off,get signed and i wont have to work again,ha ha we can all dream)

cheers guys!

ousy

www.decipher.cjb.net

www.myspace.com/deciphermusicrules