aberdeen-music

Out of tune harmonica/moothie

StewCat

i used to, but as i've got older i've realised that there are plenty of people in small towns and villages who are more than content to be there and who have no great ambitions or desires to be somewhere else doing something else. i grew up in a small place, enjoying where i was, but always planning on getting out when i was older and it takes a while to realise that not everyone is like that. it's worth going back to motown for roos leap tho ;)

/x

i used to, but as i've got older i've realised that there are plenty of people in small towns and villages who are more than content to be there and who have no great ambitions or desires to be somewhere else doing something else. i grew up in a small place, enjoying where i was, but always planning on getting out when i was older and it takes a while to realise that not everyone is like that. it's worth going back to motown for roos leap tho ;)

/x

Aah Roos Leap... they do a mean Mississippi Burger! Haven't been there in ages.

it remains my number one restaurant in the world. whenever we talk about going up the road, my good lady harasses me into taking her there. same meal every time. deep fried mozarellam, onion burger, hot fudge sundae. pint of diet coke if i'm taking it easy, pint of calders if i'm feeling wild! me and my boys from school go there every year on boxing day for our outrageous meal. it's the only time we're all together and it's great banter!

/x

firstly, you'd better not be dissing montrose and secondly (and more importantly) you'd better not be dissing our choice of name for montrose. if you've ever ben, you'll know it needs all the help it can get!!

saying that, it was in the news the other day when the birdwatchers saw the rare bird getting eaten at lunan bay! classic!

/x

Guest DustyDeviada

Nah, not dissing the 'trose, just hadn't heard it called Motown before, thought that was pretty funny.

I happen to go to Montrose twice every week.

I never get off the train though. ;)

when i was in venture scouts we used to have a bothy down by lunan bay. great times!

/x

Was that the one right on the edge of the cliff, with Electricity, pool table in the woodshed next door, and overlooking the old lime kiln? If so, I took my Ventures to it many years ago (oh, at least 8 years ago I think). We knew it as "Arthur's Bothy", but I don't know if that name means anything to you.

Regards

Flossie