aberdeen-music

SCART lead with detachable ends...

Guest MDP

okay, next new tv thread... is it possible to get scart leads with detachable ends?

we are gunna have a tv on the wall, but the dvd player and sky box will be at the other end of the room, is it possible to get a scart lead with detachable leads to make it easier to run through the walls, as we'd much rather have a small cable sized whole in the wall behind the tv, than a huge scart connection sized whole...

cheers

:up:

oh, and running it against the walls or something isnt an option, it has to go inside the walls and under the floor (and since we're replacing all the plasterboard anyway it isnt much of a hassle to do)

dont ask me... its the stepdad who is doing it all... LOL he just asked me and i have no clue so i thought i;d ask on here...

what about one like what you get for playstation, 2 ends like that and the 3 photo cables?

I have never heard of such a thing, and diy'ing them would be a fair job to do (many connections to make)

if it is for a fairly new setup, would you have the option of hdmi or anything? those connectors are a fair bit smaller than scart ones...

David

Re-wiring a SCART is easy its all colour coded and there are plenty wiring diagrams available on the net.

I agree though, there are better smaller options which would be easier put through walls and give better picture quality.

If you don't have an HD source or an upscaler with an HDMI output you'd be better with the following:

S-Video and 2 x RCA/or Digital Co-ax

or

Component and 2 x RCA/or Digital Co-ax

Obviously those are dependent on your TV etc having those inputs, but if its a new one it should do.

I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of putting an HDMI cable in through the wall just now to save you from having to do it again.

:up: